• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Mail remove from the server

Perevo

New Pleskian
Hello boys and girls,

I wanted to know , how can i remove all the mails for a specific account from my server?
the thing is this costumer doesn't wants any mail saved on the server , and everything should be sent to his mailbox.
it seems i can't find the right configuration where to do it in windows , while on linux i found the solution for this, is there anyway on doing the same thing in windows?

In case of MailEnable there is special "MailEnable Message Purge Utility" as far as I remember.

Which mail server you are using, MailEnable or Smartermail?

If it is mailenable, then you can do this from MailEnable Administration panel >> Messaging Manager >> PostOffice. In the properties, there is option for deleting those.

If the mails are in the inbox; they are on the server, so if the client wants nothing on the server, then he must use mail client with options set as "Don't keep the mails on the server" so the mails will be downloaded on this end.

Back