• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail Server Sends not recieves

G

Garethcain

Hello,
I am having a problem with the mail server, It can send mail but cant recieve any. It bounces the following message

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 13): 550 <[email protected]>: invalid address

It says error 550, but the email account exsists so whats going on?

Ive restarted loads of times, It used to work and suddenly just stoped. Anyone?

Similar Problem!

Hi

I'm experiencing a similar problem with a VPS solution from Webfusion. It was all running fine on Friday, but Tuesday - no mail! Webfusion have been 'escalating to level 2 support' for nearly 2 days with no reply!

I sent test messages through my Gmail account on Tuesday and today received the first response from the Google mail server...

Message will be retried for 1 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:
TEMP_FAILURE: Could not initiate SMTP conversation with any hosts:
[mail.theforrestercorporation.com. (10): Connection timed out]

Any help from anyone would be appreciated!

Cheers
Stuart

Gareth,

I gave-up with Webfusion support and waiting for comment here. I reinstalled the entire VPS software and now all is well :)

I have no idea why it all went pear shape, but I have real concerns about the future stability of Plesk and Webfusion!

All the best
Stuart

Hello,
Mine is a VPS as well, Its really annoying if i had to reinstall it our site is 1.5GB, I cant afford that to be lost :'(. Not to mention my site is really popular

Hi,

Finally, Webfusion suggested before going to the extreme of reinstalling the server software, I should re-start qmail via the ssh. Might work for you?

They also said this was the best place for support!

All the best
Stuart

Hi, Best place for support dont make me laugh,
No one replyed to our posts, I bet no one even looked at them. Plesk in my eyes is bad, Very bad. Nothing works on it or if it is working it crashes, I am just going to go back to cPanel. Better and worth the money.

Proberly a mod will *SeE* this and delete it.

Thanks,
- Gareth

Back