• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail server sloooow

L

launchpad

I am a newbie, so please bear with me.

I have found retieving e-mail from plesk to be very slow, at times I have to wait minutes for 1 piece of text based spam. I am using my 'Mail' software in OSX which always worked fine but terrible slow when I am retrieving mail from plesk now...

I have my incoming and outgoing both set to 'mail.domain.com; should it be something else? Any idea why it would be so slow?

Any help is appreciated.

I also seem to have a bottle neck with my ftp. My ftp downloads continually drop down to under 5k/sec. This never happened before 7.5.2 update.

Is there anything I should check which would be causing a bottle neck on my mail and ftp?

You need to determine if it's slow due to a process (using a command such as top) or slow due to some network issue (using perhaps utilities provided by your bandwidth provider or possibly even 4PSA's Server Assistant if it's solely the one server that's slow).

Originally posted by justyxxxx
You need to determine if it's slow due to a process (using a command such as top) or slow due to some network issue (using perhaps utilities provided by your bandwidth provider or possibly even 4PSA's Server Assistant if it's solely the one server that's slow).

Thanks.

What do you think of my e-mail, is it correct to be using 'mail.domain.com' for both incoming and outgoing servers?

Originally posted by justyxxxx
Hello - yes - that is correct.

Thank again. Do you know specifically what can be done to test the mail? The server is not under load and has a great connection, but it can take forever to retrieve the mail and sometimes my app times out trying to connect when sending mail.

Thanks.

Also, make sure that the queue isn't very high by using a program such as qmhandle

If the mail is backed up, then that can also cause quite a few problems. In addition, if you see any processes reaching high points, that will also cause problems.

Back