• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mailbox disabled (greyed out) when using hMailServer

J

johnham

I have a plesk server using hMailServer. However when we set up a redirect, it forwards mail fine, but then keeps it in the mailbox. The solution to this problem is well hidden but simple enough, you have to turn off the "mailbox" for the user.

However, I can't turn off my mailbox. The checkbox is greyed out. Is there something I'm missing here?

Having hMailServer delete mail after forwarding is not hard to do manually. All you have to do is add a "delete message" to the rules list for the address. This is too tedious though. As I can't find anyone else seeing this problem, I am posting it here.

Someone HELP!!!

May have answered my own question here. hMailServer doesn't seem to support handling the mail without having a mailbox enabled.

There is a workaround for this and I would suggest SWSOFT think about implementing it. hMailServer uses a rules list that can be custom configured for each mailbox. It's also available in the hMailServer API. Although you can't disable the mailbox, why not insert a rule that simply says delete message as the last rule in the action list. This would effectively disable the mailbox. For redirecting, do the forwarding rule first then again if the mailbox is disabled the last rule would be "delete message" and therefore it would provide the same functionality.

Just a thought.

I'm sending this specifically to sergius, who seems to get things done quickly out at SW-Soft!

Back