• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

mailenable problem

M

mogabr

hello,

I have plesk 7.2 windows on windows 2003 server.

i create mail accounts and it seem that works fine, but i can't use webmail? how can i browse the webmail for mailenable ?

in the cp it is not ebaled? am i need to install somthing to make it works ?

thanks

The webmail is not provided by MailEnable because it is not part of the free version.

So Plesk installs Horde webmail. You should be able to access it with:

http://webmail.yourdomain.com/

The login ID is the full email address e.g. [email protected]

If this does not work then please give detailed description of any errors that you get.

Cheers,
Julian

Error

when i browse webmail.domain.com

it gives me this page:

This is the Pleskâ„¢ default page
If you see this page it means:

1) hosting for this domain is not configured
or
2) there's no such domain registered in Plesk

that means nothing is installed ?

can i do it manually and how ?

can i use icewarp webmail ?

thanks

IceWarp is a complete mail server. You don't need it because the Plesk integration with MailEnable is good - you can manage the MailEnable mailboxes through the Plesk control Panel.

There are other webmail packages that could sit on top of MailEnable. But for now, all you need to do is get the Horde webmail working. It sounds like something has gone wrong with this webmail on this domain.

I would delete the domain and recreate it from scratch if you can get away with it. Otherwise, just copy webmail files & settings from a domain that works.

Cheers, Julian

i delete the domain and create new one but it give me the same result.

i think that horde is not installed into my system, !!!!!

should i download the horde + imp and install it ?

thanks

Horde should be installed here:
C:\Inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde

and there should be a 'webmail' website configured in IIS that points at that folder, with a Horde virtual folder that also points at the same folder (not sure why).

Okay but how to make a Horde virtual folder that also points at the same folder ?

thanks

Sorry Mogabr. If your Webmail website or the Horde virtual folder under it have gone then something is very wrong with your system. I don't think I can help you fix it like this.

Do you have a support contract? - email only is slow but a very reasonable price.

Otherwise, set up a test server on a spare machine on your desk and experiment with Plesk. Actually I think everyone with a live server should do this.

Cheers,
Julian

Hello,

You can try like this. Disable php support for the domain. After that reenable it. If it doesn't fix the issue then you need to go deep.

Open IIS. There will be a domain for webmail. Add hostheaders for the domains for which webmail is not working. If it doesn,t fix please let me know. I will be happy to help you.

Back