• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

mailfilter.exe

M

m00n

Hi!

I was receiving emails with no content. No sender, no subject, no message.

When I disabled the pickup event at the Mail Transport Agent, that executes this file mailfilter.exe, I resolved that problem. After turning off the pickup event I can receive emails with content. This mailfilter.exe was removing content from my emails.

What does this file do? What will I miss if I turn it off? I'm thinking of using another file in it's place that will block certain file extensions.

Thank you.

This filter provides support for autoresponders, SpamAssassin, and Antivirus support.

Which version are you running? The similar bug with empty messages was fixed prior to the release. To check, you can stop the SpamAssassin service - if that fixes your problem, you probably have an old release and need to upgrade.

Otherwise, please contact support - you might be hitting some unknown bug in mailfilter.

Originally posted by jaytee
This filter provides support for autoresponders, SpamAssassin, and Antivirus support.

Which version are you running? The similar bug with empty messages was fixed prior to the release. To check, you can stop the SpamAssassin service - if that fixes your problem, you probably have an old release and need to upgrade.

Otherwise, please contact support - you might be hitting some unknown bug in mailfilter.

I have spamassasin turned off and don't have a antivirus installed.

I'm running Plesk 7.0.1.

Please contact support - we want to find the root of the problem.

I'm with EV1, so if I contact support I have to pay for it!

Is this issue easily reproducible?

Send me an email with your contact info and I'll ask support to contact you - you would not have to pay anything.

Well PM is off and your email is disabled on the site.

pgowder

@

powwows.com

Thanks

Try to synchronize psa password

It is possible that there are some mailfilter.exe errors exists in the application
event log. Try to synchronize psa password to registry(Plesk7 applications will use that encrypted password to connect to Plesk mysql database):

Run plesksrvclient.exe, set the password (the same as psa admin password), press OK.:)

Originally posted by pg116
I'm with EV1, so if I contact support I have to pay for it!

I have some servers at EV1 and they don't charge me for support... ??

Originally posted by pg116
Not EV1, SWSoft will charge me.

EV1 is supposed to support Plesk for you. I had a problem once, EV1 couldn't fix it so they had a SW-Soft tech log into our server and fix it. I didn't have to pay for anything.

Had this exact same issue yesterday.

Upgraded to Plesk v7.0.3 and the problem went away.

Back