• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

mailman on plesk 7.5.4 extreme: installed but still greyed out

R

robmoggach

how can i diagnose the problem and find a solution... i have no experience with mailman... i do have ssh access...

i used plesk updater to install mailman but it is still greyed out in the server menu... with the message "Mailing list software is not installed."

thanks for your help in advance...

:)

here's the mailman error log...

Nov 17 05:51:01 2005 mailmanctl(13060): PID unreadable in: /var/mailman/data/master-qrunner.pid
Nov 17 05:51:01 2005 mailmanctl(13060): [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/mailman/data/ma
ster-qrunner.pid'
Nov 17 05:51:01 2005 mailmanctl(13060): Is qrunner even running?
Nov 17 17:30:20 2005 mailmanctl(21158): Site list is missing: mailman
Nov 17 17:30:20 2005 (21158) Site list is missing: mailman

also under one of the domains->mail>mailing lists...
i have no options to create mailing lists because it says...

"You cannot manage the mailing lists because the Mailman component is not installed or configured. Please use the Mailman configuration function at the Server Administration Page."

Go to Plesk -> Server -> Mailman,

and there configure it. This is necessary the first time you want to use Mailman.

if you read my original post...

i used plesk updater to install mailman but it is still greyed out in the server menu... with the message "Mailing list software is not installed."

My isp has recommended the following... not sure about what to do in the one file tho...

* Run /var/mailman/bin/mmsitepass to set the mailman administrator password.
* Edit /var/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py to configure Mailman for your site.
* update Mailman list files to new verson by running: /var/mailman/bin/update
* As of mailman version 2.1 mailman requires a service (daemon) to be run for mailman to operate. RedHat does not ship RPM's that enable services as part of package installation. You will need to enable the mailman service if you want mailman to run.

To enable the mailman service after package installation you may run the "serviceconf" GUI tool, or you may do the following on the command line as root.

/bin/service mailman start

:(

You can add mailman from command line:

/var/mailman/bin/newlist mailman

Back