1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

mailmanctl on FreeBSD?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Brammeke, Sep 21, 2005.

  1. Brammeke

    Brammeke Guest

    0
     
    I've just upgraded Plesk 7.1.7 to 7.5.4. Everything works fine (after some Plesk kicking and bashing), except for Mailman. I get the error message "Bug in Mailman version 2.0.13" "We're sorry, we hit a bug!"

    First thing I noticed is that mailman simply isn't running when I execute "ps aux | grep mailman".

    I'd say: lets restart Mailman using "mailmanctl", but the problem is: I can't even find it on the system! (Running FreeBSD 4.9.)

    Shouldn't I be seeing mailmanctl on FreeBSD? If I should, how can I make it appear? Maybe something else is wrong?

    (check_perms didn't find anything by the way)
     
  2. Whistler

    Whistler Guest

    0
     
  3. Brammeke

    Brammeke Guest

    0
     
    Yes, but unfortunately that didn't do the trick.

    # ./check_perms -f
    No problems found

    The permissions on the cron folder are correct too. But shouldn't I be seeing some daemon in the process list?
     
  4. Whistler

    Whistler Guest

    0
     
    No, mailman isen't running as a Daemon - its runned thru Qmail piping system.
     
  5. Brammeke

    Brammeke Guest

    0
     
    How could a cron task not being executed result in such an error page then? :confused:
     
  6. Whistler

    Whistler Guest

    0
     
    What cron task?
     
  7. Brammeke

    Brammeke Guest

    0
     
    The ones in /usr/local/psa/mailman/cron I mean... Even it that had the wrong permissions, how would that affect the web front? It's a sub question, just out of curiosity. In any case, it didn't help. :(

    Shouldn't Mailman be dumping a log file somewhere? I've checked /usr/local/psa/mailman/logs/error, but the latest entry was this one:

    Sep 20 22:01:01 2005 qrunner(83249): Traceback (most recent call last):
    Sep 20 22:01:01 2005 qrunner(83249): File "/usr/local/psa/mailman/cron/qrunner", line 283, in ?
    Sep 20 22:01:01 2005 qrunner(83249): kids = main(lock)
    Sep 20 22:01:01 2005 qrunner(83249): File "/usr/local/psa/mailman/cron/qrunner", line 264, in main
    Sep 20 22:01:01 2005 qrunner(83249): mlist.Save()
    Sep 20 22:01:01 2005 qrunner(83249): File "/usr/home/builder/pb_work_dir/psa_aiconfig_7.5.4/psa/release/dist/usr/local/psa/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 860, in Save
    Sep 20 22:01:01 2005 qrunner(83249): File "/usr/home/builder/pb_work_dir/psa_aiconfig_7.5.4/psa/release/dist/usr/local/psa/mailman/Mailman/ListAdmin.py", line 93, in SaveRequestsDb
    Sep 20 22:01:01 2005 qrunner(83249): File "/usr/home/builder/pb_work_dir/psa_aiconfig_7.5.4/psa/release/dist/usr/local/psa/mailman/Mailman/ListAdmin.py", line 80, in __closedb
    Sep 20 22:01:01 2005 qrunner(83249): IOError : [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/local/psa/mailman/lists/brammekesfun/request.db'
     
Loading...