• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mails Not Arriving

O

omegauser

Hi,

I have problems with the email. for example accouts sending mail to @yahoo.com are not arriving, and the same with some few specific domain names.

What could it be?

Thanks

A touch more information might be useful :) For instance, are all these sites you are attempting to send mail to outside of your server?

Have you checked to see if you've been blacklisted?

Are you getting bounced mail from the recipient host?

Is the mail leaving your server?

Sorry,

Mail is not leaving my server.
In qmail qread the "done" tag is not there.

I can find those messages on qmai-qstat like queue messages.

They just do not leave. specifically @yahoo and a few other.

They just do not leave. specifically @yahoo and a few other.

This may sound like a weird question, but are you by chance using Outlook 2003?

Yes,
All the customers reporting me this are using Outlook 2003, why??

I've had a very similar problem with clients who use MS Outlook 2003. The easiest way to explain this is via a URL. I hope it is helpful. In short, Outlook 2k3 has been doing some odd things with it's address book, not to mention losing it's settings. I'd start here as well as Microsoft KB 872896

I have read the links, the thing is there is no bouncing message, the email is sent but it does not leave my server.
in the qmail-qread command I can see those messages without the "DONE" tag.
The get stuck in there, could it really be MSO 2003?

thanks

I have had a similar problem with clients sending email to a btinternet.com domain. It wasn't until a nice network technician sent me the error logs from the BT server that I had any idea what the problem was.

It seems that the server is sending the STARTTLS command in it's preamble, however Exchange 2003 does not understand this sendmail specific command. Sendmail isn't meant to insist on this and if the peer doesn't understand should continue without it, however for some reason it's not doing this and is simply dropping the connection.

I have also found Yahoo emails not being sent and I can only assume that it is for the same or at least similar reason.

I have no idea how to resolve this STARTTLS problem though, I've read half the internet it feels like and still no luck. Anyone got any ideas?

Back