• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Major issues

uniacid

Basic Pleskian
I thought the upgrade from Plesk 7.5.6 to 8.1 would be better than upgrading from 7 to 7.5, but oh was I wrong...

First once I actually got it working by uninstalling 7.5 and installing a clean 8.1, the first thing I noticed was the IIS Shared Plesk Pool doesn't work, so I fixed that by issuing each domain its own pool.

Second problem is webmail, I'm still unable to reach it as it says "Service Unavailable" All IIS pools are running and it still says this, so I'm not sure if there is another domain in iis i would need to start/run but most of them except for Default are running.

Now my next problem is a new one, I restarted after doing some changes and now I can't even load the Plesk Admin page, and also some other plesk apps are running funky now and hanging....

I think I might just install 7.5.6 again if this is going to be such a hassle or try a format first then install 8.1 so that it's really fresh, I see no other way out of this so if anyone has ideas please let me know.

p.s. I already tried running the plesk repair tool various times and now I can't even run it, I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling webmail/php and that didn't work either.

Do you have any errors in the event logs that may help is troubleshooting the problem?

Nevermind actually, Had a HD failure which could be why I had so many issues with plesk, so I got a new HD and setup Windows and Plesk fresh and its working seamlessly now :)

Back