• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Make email domain blacklists work

K

kpilcher

Hello all,

I've been attacked by spammers using hundreds of Korean domains. I've placed many of these domains in my email domain blacklist (server-wide preferences) but I'm not convinced that it is working. I guess what I believe is expected behavior is that when a one of these offensive mail servers tries to connect that the Mail Enable mail server will check the blacklist and reject it before mail is exchanged. I don't see this... It appears that a connection is made mail is exchanged but luckily there is no account to deliver it to so the mail is deleted (trash). I get thousands of these daily so I really would like to stop it at the door instead of letting it in.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks

Ken

Whcih spamfilter do you used?

Default SpamAssasin does not support this feature.

I use spamassasin 2.64. I was watching the event log and I do see that the filter matches the email domain with the domain on the blacklist but doesn't seem to do anything with it. What version of spamassasin works?

Back