• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Make Plesk compatible with CentOS

J

JoaoCorreia

It should be super easy for Sw-Soft to make Plesk compatible with CentOS since its fully compatible with RHEL .

www.centos.org

Best regards
Joao Correia

I would love to see that also !

I think CentOS is a very promising distro. Can't wait to meet their version 4.
Fedora is great to .. but it's sometimes too 'experimental' and too quick with new releases.

Also support for older Fedora releases is not that well (legacy etc..).

after some manupilations, i'd like to point out that CentOS is in full compliance w/ RHEL3, I've managed to get PSA-7.5.2 fully working on Centos...

Therefore it should be easy for SW-Soft to support CentOS right out-of-the-box.

define manipulations

speedyG, could you please define the manipulations that you made in CentOS in order to install Plesk?

Thank you in advance...

All you have to do is to change the /etc/redhat-release file and then it will work just as RHEL!

Centos-4 will be relased soon :p Hope SW-Soft will support it :p

change /etc/redhat-release:
cp /etc/redhat-release /etc/redhat-release_original
echo "Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon Update 4)" > /etc/redhat-release

Ok great .. Hope they will support the new CentOS 4 release. Then i'm settled for a couple of years :)

You've got another few years life left in CentOS3, v4 won't be supported until after RHEL4 is supported I would imagine.

Hi,

I'd like to see Plesk support CentOS too!

BTW, do you know when Plesk is going to support RHEL4?

Thanks.

Originally posted by eilko
last message I got was telling they plan to support RHEL4 from 7.5.4

Probably with SELinux set to OFF i guess.

Or it will break a lot of stuff i think.

i am currently running whiteboxlinux but also waiting for centos4 (rhel4) support

Back