• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mambo & Plesk Application Vault

P

postman

Hi,
I want to install Mambo on my website using the Plesk Application Vault but when I do this it is installed into a directory /CMS so that my website is www.mydomain.com/CMS/
Is there anyway around this or can I override this default so that it is installed at the root of the website?
thanks for any help,
jonny

It's not yet possible, you could probably manually install it though.

Cheers,
I have done the manual install before at the root but I hate all the file permissions stuff so installing from the vault would make life easier. I guess I will have to wait - but thanks for the insight!
j

Thanks eilko,
This means I can simply move all the files to the root and they should continue to work. I'll give it a try.
Cheers

Originally posted by postman
Thanks eilko,
This means I can simply move all the files to the root and they should continue to work. I'll give it a try.
Cheers

Did this work? I would have thought it would cause database errors. Let me know, that would be great if you could do that!

IT WORKS, needs tweak tho! 7.5.3!!!!

Ok, here is the scoop! (Plesk 7.5.3 only)

You can use the autoinstall.

1. Do a normal install in CMS folder as default.
2. Move all the file from CMS folder to httpdocs folder (root)
3. Edit configuration.php, can be done from server.
4. Change as follows:

* -------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Site specific configuration
* -------------------------------------------------------------------------
*/
$mosConfig_lang = 'english'; // Site language
$mosConfig_absolute_path = "/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/soundframes.net/httpdocs"; *<---here
$mosConfig_live_site = "http://soundframes.net"; *<---here

You need to take off "/CMS" on both lines

It should then display as if it would have been installed on root folder. Otherwise, you will get a php script error on line 37.

Regards,

Isn't that a bit much? In 7.5.4, if you go to the domain in the control panel and click "Application Vault", then select Mambo for installation - on the next page it gives you the option of installing it in the domain's root directory.

Maybe with 7.5.4, not 7.5.3

Originally posted by phoenixisp
Isn't that a bit much? In 7.5.4, if you go to the domain in the control panel and click "Application Vault", then select Mambo for installation - on the next page it gives you the option of installing it in the domain's root directory.

They might have corrected it for 7.5.4, but in 7.5.3 it wasn't possible at all.

Regards,

Yes, this has been fixed in 7.5.4 but I am afraid to upgrade given all the trouble I had during my last upgrade. I might leave it for a while and continue with manual installs of mambo etc.

Yes, prior to 7.5.4 they did not want newbie admins to accidentally overwrite/delete existing docroot files by accident. Due to many requests and the fact that 4PSA's Integrator product would allow it, they finally changed it in 7.5.4 to allow installation to docroot of a domain.

Same here

Originally posted by postman
Yes, this has been fixed in 7.5.4 but I am afraid to upgrade given all the trouble I had during my last upgrade. I might leave it for a while and continue with manual installs of mambo etc.

Hi,

We had many troubles updating too, how did you manage to do it?

It just won't go thru.

Thanks,

What type of errors are you getting? I upgraded 4 boxes on RedHat 9 and only had problems on one. One of the biggest problems is that the upgrade will not complete if you are running ART's qmail-scanner. There seems to be a conflict with maildrop. If you are using ART's scanner, simply:
#yum remove maildrop

You'll be asked to remove qmail-scanner as well. Do that and then try to upgrade to 7.5.4, but only the base package. Once that's done you can install the other updates.

Originally posted by phoenixisp
What type of errors are you getting? I upgraded 4 boxes on RedHat 9 and only had problems on one. One of the biggest problems is that the upgrade will not complete if you are running ART's qmail-scanner. There seems to be a conflict with maildrop. If you are using ART's scanner, simply:
#yum remove maildrop

You'll be asked to remove qmail-scanner as well. Do that and then try to upgrade to 7.5.4, but only the base package. Once that's done you can install the other updates.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

The autoupdater wont work so as a manual install, but maybe as you said it could be a confilct.

I'll try that first and post back to let you know how it went.

This is the Plesk AutoUpdate Report:

Update of system was failed for some reason.

***** begin of log file *****
===> Autoinstaller: start logging at Wed Sep 7 09:01:03 2005

Downloading list of all available versions and platforms
Downloading http://autoinstall.plesk.com/versions.inf

---

Retrieving product packages information
Downloading http://autoinstall.plesk.com/plesk_7.5.4_fr5.3.inf

---
package psa (file /PSA_7.5.4/Standard/psa_v7.5.4_build75050824.19_os_FreeBSD_5.3_i386.sh) is added to install list as base package
List of selected packages building is completed

Checking package /PSA_7.5.4/Standard/psa_v7.5.4_build75050824.19_os_FreeBSD_5.3_i386.sh...not installed, but older package found

After checking for previous installation following packages are sheduled for installing:
package psa (file /PSA_7.5.4/Standard/psa_v7.5.4_build75050824.19_os_FreeBSD_5.3_i386.sh)
----

Retrieving Plesk files
Downloading http://autoinstall.plesk.com//PSA_7.5.4/Standard/psa_v7.5.4_build75050824.19_os_FreeBSD_5.3_i386.sh

File download failed.
Failed writing body
---
===> Autoinstaller: stopped logging at Wed Sep 7 09:01:34 2005

***** end of log file *****

We do use qmail as well, so I'll find the code line (#yum remove maildrop) to type in SSH mode. We run FreeBSD 5.3 as you probably seen above.

Thanks a lot,

I Just upgrade to 7.5.4 yesterday and I still need to install application from the app vault with a specific directory.

How can I install it on the root doc?

Look at the first page in this thread!!

It's the same for most of the apps.

I still don't see the option to install from the root doc after the upgrade 7.5.4.

I still need to enter the directory name (with a * )

The function that supose to be there isn't.

Also, i've check the date of the files that are in /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/siteapp/
The date show the previous date (not the date we have upgrade it)

Thank you for your time.

Back