• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Manage SB from Plesk clients

E

eakky

Plesk 8.2.1 have SB integrator module as custom button to manage site.

After I'm upgrade to 8.3 I saw SB menu show on admin navigation panel. But I cannot use custom button on client's control panel to manage site.

It show "All data from the SBM module were transferred to Plesk."

How I can manage SB If I logged in as clients/domain owner?

Thank you

Plesk 8.3 Linux , SB 4.1

In Plesk 8.3 SB module has been fully integrated with Plesk, therefore there is no such module as SB in Plesk 8.3 in fact -> all SBM data were transferred to Plesk database. -> Sitebuilder shall be perceived like one of the usual options --> check client/domain owner permissions\limits and\or recreate custom button pointing at new URL of Sitebuilder admin.

recreate custom button pointing at new URL of Sitebuilder admin

Do you have example or document to create custom button?
I've remove all SB custom button from Plesk

Thank you

I also have the same problem now.. how to make the user in the plesk can just click and use the sitebuilder?

:S I found something to select in the Preference, but when I on the domain setup I slect

"Create and publish Web site using Sitebuilder"

but it give the error below!!!!

"Warning: The following error occured in Sitebuilder:
Error occurs when trying to attach current ip of the domain to sitebuilder "

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This situation is already known one and patch available for it. In the attachment you can find the patch for this issue. Patch should be applied in following way:

# tar -xzvf SB_activation_in_Plesk_for_client_patch.tgz -C <sb_root>
where <sb_root> - Sitebuilder installation directory /usr/local/sitebuilder/ or /opt/sitebuilder/ - on Debian servers.

After applying the patch try to activate Sitebuilder for Plesk client one more time.

"Warning: The following error occured in Sitebuilder:
Error occurs when trying to attach current ip of the domain to sitebuilder "
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• SB_activation_in_Plesk_for_client_patch.tgz
    4.7 KB · Views: 104
optional checkbox was gray

Thanks for nude2life I try to find how I can set sitebuilder to domain for long time, finally I found from your clue.

Dear Dmitry,

After I apply patch to server the problem "Warning: The following error occured in Sitebuilder:
Error occurs when trying to attach current ip of the domain to sitebuilder
" still occured.

After applying the patch try to activate Sitebuilder for Plesk client one more time
If this mean to Logon to Plesk Admin -> SB>Users -> check on Clients account -> Click Activate.
I've done but nothing happen. Do I miss something?

Plesk Admin level, checkbox "Create and publish Web site using Sitebuilder" in the physical hosting setup can be checked (and will show error above).
but in the Clients level it was disabled so client cannot click on it.

Please Help,

Thank you

Dmitry can you post the link to this patch because i cant find it and i am having the same issue none of my clients can log in to sitebuilder wizard from the control panel. When they click the sitebuilder wizard link from the control panel it brings up the sitebuilder admin page and when they try to sign in they can't (wrong username or password, but if i log into to plesk as admin i can open their sitebuilder wizard just fine.

Thanks

Never mind, i saw the file :)

to eakky:

To allow the customer to create and manage Web sites using Sitebuilder, click the Preferences (Clients -> client_name -> Preferences) icon in the Tools group, select the Create a corresponding user account in the Sitebuilder system check box, and click OK. All actions should be done in Plesk admin CP. After that in domain hosting setup page Domains -> domain_name -> Setup check "Create and publish Web site using Sitebuilder". This allows a site owner to create and manage his or her Web site using the Sitebuilder program installed on your server.

As Sitebuilder for Linux/Unix is designed to publish sites to a single server by default I can suggest that one of the server IPs already enabled in Sitebuilder and now you are trying to enable Sitebuilder for domain with different IP. In this case second IP can not be added because of the license restriction for one host. Try to check this limit also.

to: shoggy24

As I understand you found the file. Hope upper information will be also helpful for you. If you have some problems with log on to Sitebuilder admin CP, I can suggest to update Sitebuilder admin password directly on the server and after that update this password in Plesk admin CP also.

After applying the patch, I tried the instructions but when i click ok after checking the box keep a corresponding user account in the Sitebuilder system, i get the error;

Warning: The following error occured in Sitebuilder:
Action has been failed. Please enter Last name in this field

What last name and where am i suppose to enter this.
Is it possible that my error is due to the fact that i am using SB4.0. is there anywhere i can find documentation for upgrading from SB 4.0 to 4.1.

Thanks for you help as always Dmitry

SBWiz btn doesn't work on client/domain

Dear Dmitry,

IP error was resolved. I change SB Host from IP address to Hostname.

When I logged in as Admin I can manage site using SBWizard button but Clients or Domains cannot (Domains can access wizard page after logon).

My serious problem is on Clients, Clients cannot allow or disallow domain to use Sitebuilder the SB checkbox in Domain setup always disabled.
(I found Javascript Error while click this checkbox when I login as admin)

Why only Admin can access SB Wizard without login but Domain have to login before?

I'm already change SB admin password on server and also change on Plesk CP.

Thank you for your help.

Tried to upgrade SB4.0 to 4.1 now SB is not working at all, BAD!!

i get this error during upgrade
2008 Jan 8 01:18:27] Merging old config: /usr/local/sitebuilder/config.bkp
Fatal error encountered at /usr/local/sitebuilder/utils//SB/Logging.pm line 121
SB::Logging::Log('SB::Logging=HASH(0x9937c28)', 5, 'Could not connect to database: Access denied for user \'admin...') called at /usr/local/sitebuilder/utils//SB/Update.pm line 320
SB::Update::createSBDatabaseUser() called at configure line 86
main::updateDBUser() called at configure line 273
main::main() called at configure line 348
[2008 Jan 8 01:18:27] [FATAL] Could not connect to database: Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

where can i correct this admin password to make it work, and i am getting this error email like every minute.

/bin/bash: line 1: 3175 Segmentation fault /opt/php52/bin/php5 tasksmng.php >/dev/null 2>&1

and the log in usr/local/sitebuilder/tmp also shows this;

sh: line 1: 21483 Segmentation fault /opt/php52/bin/php5 -q /usr/local/sitebuilder/utils/modules/check.php db 2>/dev/null 2>&1
sh: line 1: 21486 Segmentation fault /opt/php52/bin/php5 -q /usr/local/sitebuilder/utils/modules/check.php source 2>/dev/null 2>&1
sh: line 1: 21519 Segmentation fault /opt/php52/bin/php5 -q /usr/local/sitebuilder/utils/modules/check.php db 2>/dev/null 2>&1
sh: line 1: 21522 Segmentation fault /opt/php52/bin/php5 -q /usr/local/sitebuilder/utils/modules/check.php source 2>/dev/null 2>&1

Dmitry Please help, my SB is down, upgrade was done using autoinstaller for fedora core 6

Sitebuilder asks username and password for clients

Hello,

I'm having the same problem as shoggy24.

As Plesk Admin, if I click on the "Sitebuilder Wizard" icon on the client's site properties, Sitebuilder opens in the user site, without asking for login.

Logged in Plesk as the client, if I click on the same icon, Sitebuilder opens asking for username and password.

I saw some information about one patch, but it seems not to be related to this problem.

What can be wrong?

Thank you.

Alexandre

zooming, i think your problem is different from shoggy24's. Do you have the same problem when you click on the site preview icon in Plesk? Then try to go Server > IP Addresses > Hosting (number) > Set some domain as default. If the problem is still there after that, you could also check:
Server > Modules > Remote Administration of Sitebuilder > Resellers > Allow/Disallow site management through Sitebuilder
Server > Modules > Remote Administration of Sitebuilder > Users > Plans > click plan and check current limits

2 shoggy24:
As i can see this error happened because of wrong db_admin_password in config.bkp
Check_mysql.sh finds password properly (from /etc/psa/.psa.shadow), but it is rewrited with wrong password from config.bkp
If you could roll back prior to the upgrade, you could try to remove the old pass from config
And smth like:
> grep db_admin_pass /usr/local/sitebuilder/config.bkp
db_admin_passwd = polyGON6
> cp -p /usr/local/sitebuilder/config.bkp{,.bak}
and then try to update again..

No automatic login for clients and domainowners

Hi,

I have the same problem like eakky

Grant privileges to client over the SB-Module doesn't work because there isn't any module since SB 4.1, if you have your old module from before update, you are lucky !

Greetings,
Bart

Back