1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Managing local DNS and Mail Server

Discussion in 'Plesk Expand 2.3 Troubleshooting Issues' started by shima, Aug 5, 2008.

1. shima

shima Guest

Hi,
    I have a big problem with managing local DNS and Mail. I have 10 Plesk servers and each of them has its own mail server and DNS server. Now when I add a Plesk server to the expand, local mail server and DNS server are disabled and I can't manage email or zone file for domains (As it shows in attached file, in plesk server profile).

I don't want to use centralized Mail server, and I prefere to use local ones for each server.
    Best regards

Attached Files:

2. gold

gold Regular Pleskian

57%
    These buttons are links to centralized mail and dns servers. You can not manage email accounts from Expand. You can manage dns records for domains from Expand in Plesk domains profiles.

3. shima

shima Guest

Now the question is , how the clients , or resellers will be noticed about the existence of the Local mail server or DNS server ? I'm confused, when I add one of my plesk server with MSSQL , the SQL server automatically registered in Centralized DB, but its mail server is not registered anywhere. What are the differences between Mail server and sql server in this case?

4. gold

gold Regular Pleskian

57%
    Expand does not allow to manage the local mail or dns servers directly. It allows to manage the local database servers only.

5. shima

shima Guest

And what is the reason behind this strategy ? Why should I migrate more than 8000 mail boxes from different servers to one centralized mail server, when I just want to make working with plesk easier for my customer by centralized login and management.

Best regards.

6. gold

gold Regular Pleskian

57%
    The main purpose of the Expand is to provide centralized services (mail, dns, db, backup, migrations, central templates) for Plesk servers. The Expand does not provide directly full control over Plesk servers assigned. It is allowed by indirection only. For example, your customer can login to Expand, then login to Plesk CP using an appropriate link on Plesk servers page and manage local mail and dns servers.

7. shima

shima Guest

Good Idea.
    I registered a server in Expand. Then I add a domain to, now when I click on domain I have all options , in addition I have an option which is about login to the server, when I click on it I receive :
    The Plesk Server server has rejected the attempt to establish a session there. Contact your system administrator for support. The error was: Plesk server is unreachable now: (6) Couldn't resolve host 'myserver hostname'
    Connection log
    ----
    CURLINFO_TEXT: getaddrinfo(3) failed for myserverhostname:8443
    CURLINFO_TEXT: Couldn't resolve host 'hostname'
    CURLINFO_TEXT: Closing connection #0

If Expand can add a domain to the server, why couldn't resolve it? I have the same problem whrn I add Centralized DNS Server.

8. gold

gold Regular Pleskian

57%
    Please check and correct DNS settings on host with Expand installed and try to run command in shell:
    ping myserverhostname

9. shima

shima Guest

There is no problem with DNS settings and I could it ping hostname already.

10. gold

gold Regular Pleskian

57%
    > CURLINFO_TEXT: Couldn't resolve host 'hostname'
    Please try to run: ping hostname

11. shima

shima Guest

Ok. I've added my plesk server with its private IP, so Expand couldn't connect to. Although I have the same problem with adding centralized DNS.

12. gold

gold Regular Pleskian

57%
    To help to resolve a problem you can set 'frontend_level = DEBUG' option in '/usr/local/expand/conf/expand.conf' file, then restart Expand CP server by command '/etc/init.d/sw-cp-server restart', then try to run failed action. Details of failed actions will be stored in '/usr/local/expand/var/log/expand.log' file.

13. shima

shima Guest

It seems that Expand can't connect to the server with its public IP. It's a firewall issue.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error The Plesk Server server has rejected the attempt to establish a session there. Contact your system administrator for support. The error was: Plesk server is unreachable now: (7) couldn't connect to host
    Connection log
    ----
    CURLINFO_TEXT: About to connect() MyIP port 8443
    CURLINFO_TEXT: Trying MyIP... CURLINFO_TEXT: Timeout
    CURLINFO_TEXT: couldn't connect to host
    CURLINFO_TEXT: Closing connection #0

14. shima

shima Guest

15. shima

shima Guest

Hi, New problems : one by one!
    When I add my Linux server I receive
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>
    <packet version="2.3.0.32">
    <refresh>
    <result>
    <status>error</status>
    <errcode>2108</errcode>
    <errtext>[Transport] PleskAgent answer validation failed. Invalid reply from Plesk server #8 (ServerIP). The message does not conform to protocol 1.5.1.0 version. Make sure your Plesk and Plesk Expand servers have all available patches and hotfixes applied, if that does not help, then report a problem to Parallels. XML validation error: Error at file 'xmlPacket', line 2, column 54529: Element 'hosting' is not valid for content model: '((vrt_hst|std_fwd|frm_fwd)|none)'.</errtext>
    <server_id>8</server_id>
    </result>
    </refresh>
    </packet>
    This error occured when Expand tries to load domains.

16. gold

gold Regular Pleskian

57%
    I think that problem is in Plesk server #8. This server returns no valid answers and can not create remote session. What is the full version of this server? You can attach to this thread or send to me by private message the problem report created by Expand. It is help to resolve the problem.