• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Manually delete database which is "Used by an installed web app"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeirRB

New Pleskian
Hi!

I keep gettings email reports from PMMCli-Daemon that tells me that the backup task ended with an error because the database joomla_3 doesn't exist. This is correct, that database does not exist in mySql, but I can see it in Subscriptions > domain.tld > Websites & Domains > Databases. There it tells me that it is "Used by an installed web app" so I cannot remove it. Unfortunately, no Joomla application exists for the subscription, but I cannot figure out how I can break that link so I can remove the reference that tells Plesk that an app is installed, and then remove the database and the related database user.

I've looked at existing posts that resembles my issue, i.e. http://kb.parallels.com/en/1419, but I can't find anything in the table siteappresources. I could probably simply delete the record in psa.data_bases, but I am not sure what implications that will have so I'd rather have some input on this. So, if someone can tell me what tables are involved in determining that a subscription has an installed application and how I could break that link I would be most thankful.

My version is 11.5.3 running on Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

Thanks!

I strongly recommend you contact Support Team for fixing this database inconsistency directly on your server if you can't fix it by yourself.
Such type of issues (database inconsistencies) are very specific and really can't be resolved by forum discussions.

Thanks for your feedback, IgorG. Unfortunately I do not have any support points available though.
Where could I go to find information on how the database is structured? I'm sure I could find the issue myself if I had at least a starting point.

Thank you, with the schema at hand I was able to remove the link to the application and the related database, and so far it looks good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back