• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MAPS Question

AndreasK

Basic Pleskian
Hello all,
i have some blacklist-servers for our plesk centralized mailserver.

dnsbl.sorbs.net
bl.spamcop.net
zen.spamhaus.org
ix.dnsbl.manitu.net

Where can i add them? I don´t have a button or function calles "MAPS" in my plesk control-panel.

Thanks and regards

AndreasK

In the Plesk control panel, Click on <SERVER><MAIL>. Should be a checkbox to "Enable MAPS"

Hi,
i can´t find checkbox!

Only:

Maximum letter size and relay mode parametersMaximum letter size kilobytes
Relaying open

closed
authorization is required:
POP3 lock time Min
SMTP
Check the passwords for mailboxes in the dictionary

Antivirus preferencesUsed antivirus None
Dr. Web

Enable SPF spam protectionSPF checking mode Only create Received-SPF headers, never block Use temporary error notices when you have DNS lookup problems Reject mails when SPF resolves to "fail" (deny) Reject mails when SPF resolves to "softfail" Reject mails when SPF resolves to "neutral" Reject mails when SPF does not resolve to "pass"
SPF local rules
SPF guess
SPF explanation text

Enable support for Trend Micro RBL+ ServiceDNS zones for RBL+ Service
Example: 'maps1.domain.com' or 'maps1.domain.com;maps2.domain.com'

Names for POP3/IMAP mail accounts Use of short (webmaster) and full ([email protected]) POP3/IMAP mail account names is allowed
Only use of full POP3/IMAP mail accounts names is allowed

* Required fields

Originally posted by AndreasK
Hi,
i can´t find checkbox!

Only:
Enable support for Trend Micro RBL+ ServiceDNS zones for RBL+ Service
Example: 'maps1.domain.com' or 'maps1.domain.com;maps2.domain.com'

* Required fields

In Plesk 8.1, MAPS is called "Trend Micro RBL+ etc...."

Wow... Realy bugy!

All custs cant send mails now!
They receive block-errors all time.

I now have disable blacklists. All works fine now.

Greets

AndreasK

You've got to be careful what blacklists you're actually adding and what their policies are. There are for instance RBL's that list dynamic IP ranges and if you use those people on dial-up won't be able to send mail through your server anymore. If your clients are all using their ISP's SMTP server then this would be fine, as it will stop a lot of spam from reaching your server. If they're using your server, well yes, you will receive complaints.

RBL support is not buggy, it is you not looking into what you're setting up.

Hmmm...

Our clients use a lot of connections.
Dynamic and static´s IP´s...

But problem is solved now.

Thanks

one option would be to run two smtp services. One on port, say, 587 with no maps options, and one on 25 with as many as you want.

In this way you stop nasty things getting in, but do not cause problems for customers using your server for astp (as long as they change their mail client to use port 587).

But consider this: We have rbls on port 25 adn 587. One of our customers had their static IP blacklisted in CBL. This basically picks up malware/trojan and bot-infected systems as far as I can make out. As a result they could not send email via one of our servers.

This is a GOOD thing. Because if a malware-infected machine starts sending spam via our smtp server, more generic anti-spam blacklists will notice and blacklist it, causing problems for ALL customers.

Also consider that before long the spammers will start sending email on 587 and similar ports as a way to try to bypass rbls - to try and get in by the backdoor basically - in a similar way that they often use the lowest priority or last listed MX rather than the highest priority one, in the hope that the backup won't have as much spam filtering, or indeed send to the IP of the A record for the website, again hoping to bypass filters.

Faris.

any suggestions on what entries into Trend Micro are good starting point - server is used to send and receive email?

Manyt hanks for any tips!!

.//phil

Didn't get response so will repost:

any suggestions on what entries into Trend Micro are good starting point - server is used to send and receive email?

Manyt hanks for any tips!!

.//phil

Back