1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Max Number of connections per IP (Email)

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by teknovision, Jan 15, 2005.

1. teknovision

teknovision Guest

Seem to be having some problems when having more than 5/6 email accounts open, get errors when Sending/Receive (random: dependent on which account hits max limit) - does anyone know how to up that Max number to something like 8/10?

I would think this is a bug in Plesk as, it should automatically 'calculate' max number of open connections per IP depending on email accounts created. But then again not allof us have 8 email accounts, I guess!!

Your help would be muchly appreciated, many thanks!

.//phil

2. rtwick

rtwick Basic Pleskian

For IMAP, in /usr/lib/courier-imap/etc/imapd file, find out what MAXPERIP is set to. Increase it to whatever you want. Plesk sets it to 4.

Similarly for pop3, in /usr/lib/courier-imap/etc/pop3d file, find out what MAXPERIP is set to. Increase it to whatever you want. Plesk sets it to 4.

I haven't faced any problem while sending email and dont' know how to change it.

HTH
    -R'twick