1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

MBAPI remote.php and Plesk Billing version 6

Discussion in 'Customer&Business Manager (formerly Plesk Billing)' started by AIdanW, Jun 30, 2010.

1. AIdanW

AIdanW Guest

Hi guys,

I'm trying to write a small script to export journal data from plesk billing via MBAPI; I've crafted the request to what I believe to be correct, but when I check the responses I get they're always empty (i.e. no helpful errors), and the response code is always "200 OK"... so I'm not sure what's wrong with what I'm doing. Here's the request headers and body I'm submitting:

Code:
    POST /lib-billing/include/lib-mbapi/remote.php HTTP/1.1
    Host: pb-host.mynetwork.com
    Accept-Encoding: identity
    Content-Length: 463
    Content-type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
    Accept: text/plain

input=%3Cmbapi%3E%0A%0A++%3CremoteAccessHash%3E3f786850e387550fdab836ed7e6dc881de23001b%3C%2FremoteAccessHash%3E%0A++%3Ccommand%3EGetClients%3C%2Fcommand%3E%0A++%3CsubCommand%3E%3C%2FsubCommand%3E%0A++%3CshowXMLHeader%3E1%3C%2FshowXMLHeader%3E%0A%0A++%3Cparams%3E%0A++++%3CclientFirstName%3EJohn%3C%2FclientFirstName%3E%0A++++%3CgetContactData%3E1%3C%2FgetContactData%3E%0A++++%3CgetPackageData%3E1%3C%2FgetPackageData%3E%0A%0A++%3C%2Fparams%3E%0A%3C%2Fmbapi%3E

Now, I know I have a client named John in the data base, so I don't understand why this is not working. I've triple checked the remoteAccessHash, the input XML, etc, and everything seems fine according to the docs... is this simply a case of the documentation I'm following being out of date? Can anybody shed some light on what I'm doing wrong?

TIA

2. AIdanW

AIdanW Guest

I've figured this one out - seems I just needed to add my IP addresses to a config file variable "remoteIP".

Still, I think it took more work than I believe was necessary to discover this info; it's out there, but I wasn't able to find it navigating parallels.com... I ended up stumbling across it via google searches. I have to say, you guys have some really nice products but your developer documentation could be a little better organized.

Cheers!