• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

mchk gives "Segmentation fault"

R

rembrandt

Hello,

I´ve tested this on serveral servers, ranging from RH 9.0 to FC 2 all running PSA 7.5.4:

# /usr/local/psa/asmin/sbin/mchk -v
Segmentation fault

# /usr/local/psa/asmin/sbin/mchk --without-spam
Segmentation fault

So this way i´m left with a useless tool.

Does anyone have a solution?

My systems (RH9) started doing this too. It's been since the latest hotfix for 7.5.4. Maybe a new bug?

I have the exact same problem since the hotfix. Im running a fc2 box. any new email address i create does not authenticate as well.

I didn't see this on a server so I can debug it, you can try to trace this issue with gdb.
However it's a problem in the script, it should not seg_fault.

I just set up a new box with a fresh install of CentOS and Plesk 7.5.4 and am getting that error.

Time to turn it over to SW-Soft's support.

I've emailed them a nasty gram about the mchk issue as well as the GID mailman issue that I've posted in a previous post.

I need mchk to fix my issue.

Thx

SW-Soft assures me they are working on this and its a known issue. There was no ETA.

Solution

The problem is solved with the hotfix released today. Already checked it and on my test server everything is running fine.

Hello rvdmeer,
Can you please provide the details of the OS and the exact step by step methods that you carried out at your end to fix mchk Segmentation fault

Thanks

do an update?

Plesk released a hotfix.
What's new in Plesk v.7.5.4 build 75051017.14
==============================================
[-] Several PMM, API-RPC, CU bugs are fixed
[-] mchk bug with segmentation fault is fixed
[+] Sitebuilder 2.1.1 is added
[+] SBM 2.0 is added

Originally posted by rvdmeer
do an update?

Plesk released a hotfix.

I have already done the update but still getting error, I am having:

psa 7.5.4-rhel4.build75050824.12
psa-bu 7.5.4-rhel4.build75050926.17

BTW, are you sure 75051017.14 will fix the segmentation issues on RHel 4 with Plesk 7.5.4.?

Thanks

Here's a solution from another thread:

I created an /etc/my.cnf file with the following information.

[mysqld]
max-connections=200

Restart mysql

By default MySQL limits you to only 100 connections at a time. Also it appears that Plesk does not use a my.cnf file at least one that I could find. On my system mysql will look in multiple places to find the my.cnf file if not found it uses default settings. Adding the above file changes just the maximum connections options.

Worked for me....

With a segmentation error phoenixisp?
When i had this problem i raised the limit to 300 but without any result. Might it be that you mean this error?:

mchk: db_connect: failed to connect to database: Error: Too many connections
mchk: db_connect: failed to connect to database: Error: Too many connections
mchk: Unable to connect to the Plesk database
mchk: Unable to connect to the Plesk database

I'm having the same problem, I'm currently at psa v7.5.4_build75051209.14

on CentOS 4.1

Also upped the MySQL connections to 300 with no success.

But, I noticed an option I didn't try before --daemon-mode, running it with that worked. Any ideas why?

-Bill

were running:
Fedora Core 3
PSA 7.5.4-fc3.build75050824.12

Have applied the hot fix and are still getting "segmentation fault" when running "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk -v
"

However, we do NOT get the segmentation fault when running "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk -v --daemon-mode"

We are still unable to get mailman to work. We have checked both the passwd and the group files and both are correct, in that they are set for popuser to be 110:110

however, tailing the maillog still gets us this error:

Failure_to_exec_mailman_wrapper._WANTED_gid_110,_GOT_gid_101.__(Reconfigure_to_take_101?)/did_0+0+1/

Anyone have any ideas, or a way to fix this?

Back