1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Mcrypt

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by downkaos, Dec 20, 2004.

1. downkaos

downkaos Guest

Can you please please please have a default install of libmcrypt/mcrypt for plesk so we don't have to attempt to re-compile php (which you guys make impossible).

2. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

I distribute mcrypt with my php rpms, just use yum!

3. isnoop

isnoop Guest

I'd like to echo this request for those of us using FreeBSD.

4. Spyder

Spyder Regular Pleskian

40%
    There 2 problems with FreeBSD.

1. The FreeBSd instalation of plesk is very very monolitic ( all packs are pre compiled like in pkgs) and have a lot of glue and dependencies under /usr/local/psa*

2. Probably you can compile you php with mcript, xlst or something and try change for the instaled by plesk, but i never tried this

for example to install Zope I opted to compile and use one "domain" python over the use the distributed (old ) by plesk or use one wide server.

tip tip tip tip .. try use the most recent build of FreeBSD ( the 4.11 probably is the LAST 4.x branch release and the 5.4 is RC now) because this some ports or have some problems to compile under 4.11 (php+apache2+mcript+sablotron) for example.

* probably run very well under jail besides every thing is under this directory...