• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

memailfilter.exe - this is a Plesk MTA puppy?

J

JVRudnick

Hey All...

Plesk 7.5.6, MEPRo v.2, wsk3, IIS6...

all of a sudden since about 4 am this morning, I have more than 40 memailfilter.exe processes running on the server - I see them in the windows Task Manager window.

MailEnable reports that memailfilter.exe belongs to Plesk and it's an MTA pickup event, via SpamAssasin. Their answer as to why this is happening, is to ask Plesk as you folks own same.

Can I ask please - what are they? why would there need to be 40+ of them running? does this mean I've got "other" problems on the server? I rebooted, and all disappeared as well as the warnings from thePlanet as to the memory that they were using...

Help here guys?

Jim

But why, when the processing is over, do they not kill themselves off?

40+ of them at 4 MB each is like 160+ MB of memory sitting there and not being used....at least I don't think the memory was being used.

Rebooting caused them all to disappear, and the warning messages from thePlanet re: memuse stopped just fine.

IS the app supposed to live only as long as it's working? And if so, why did'nt they disappear on their own?

Jim

The process memailfilter.exe dies when it has made own work. If in memory constantly there are several processes it means that on your server such density of emails.

Sorry....no such density exists....in the past 12 hours, the server has handled less than 100 emails...

So again, I ask...what might cause the app to NOT die?

Jim

Back