• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mhash for php

P

phirschybar

Hello all,

I need to integrate my shopping cart with authorize.net using their SIM (simple integration method). This requires that I use the mhash function which unfortunately is not available in php on my server, yet. Based what what I have gathered from various sources, including here, I need to recompile php with mhash. Is this correct? If so, could anyone please give me or point me to a "step-by-step" instruction on how to do this while maintaining the same basic configuration I have now (in other words, just adding the mhash). I am a linux nOOb. :)

I am on a Media Temple server running Red Hat Enterprise 3 and Plesk 7.5.2 in an "out of the box" configuration. I have php 4.3.2 installed.

My phpinfo() page: https://o-secure.com/php_test.php

Thanks for anything in advance!!!

You must install some PHP RPM packages with mhash support. Search on this forum for ART for example, he compiled such RPMS.

Thanks.

Do I need to rebuild php completely to use ART's mhash package. Or can I simply install the RPM on top of my php 4.3.2?

I am running:
php-imap-4.3.2-19.ent.swsoft
php-odbc-4.3.2-19.ent.swsoft
php-mysql-4.3.2-19.ent.swsoft
php-ldap-4.3.2-19.ent.swsoft
php-pgsql-4.3.2-19.ent.swsoft
php-4.3.2-19.ent.swsoft

Thanks

You have a Virtuozzo server. You can upgrade the current RPMs with the ART ones, make sure that you match the OS.

Originally posted by hardweb
You have a Virtuozzo server. You can upgrade the current RPMs with the ART ones, make sure that you match the OS.

How do you know its a Virtuozzo and what is that, exactly?

.. And how do I match the OS?

Sorry, i am completely new to this.

Thanks. :)

*bump

Can anybody help me out on this? I am desperate to get this function running.

Ben

I am worried that I am going to screw something up and lose php for all of the domains on my server.

Does anyone know if SW-Soft is willing to perform a service like this for me? Or are there any good server maintenance companies out there who can work around Plesk who I can hire to perform this action?

I am clueless as to how to proceed and I desperately need to get mhash() working.

Please help !

Originally posted by phirschybar
How do you know its a Virtuozzo and what is that, exactly?

It's because the rpm's you posted all end in .swsoft - that's used by Virtuozzo VPS application templates.

Right, .swsoft means the source is SW-Soft
.dag and .rf mean the source is dag.wieers.com/rpmforge.net
.atrpms and .at means they come from www.atrpms.net (ATR)
.art mean they come from atomicrocketturtle.com (ART)
.sp means they come from serverpeak.com

AFIAK, Dag/Rpmforge, and Serverpeak/ART rpms have been included in PSA in the past.

Back