• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

migrate from cpanel to plesk without root access

E

elproducto

I was wondering if there was anyway to migrate from cpanel to plesk without having root access on the cpanel computer. Cpanel has the full backup feature, but if I unpackage the archive on the new server will plesk reckognize the user email account or will i have ti input those manually. Thanks for any help in advance. :confused:

You will need root access to do this. You could perhaps consider renting a VPS somewhere for a month, copy the CPanel data across to the VPS, restore it, then use Plesk migration manager to copy this with the root access you now have on the VPS to Plesk? Alternatively, you could ask your current provider to login and run Plesk migration manager for you for a fee then hand root access back to you?

Full Backup

I have allready rented a vps acocunt from another provider. My problem now is that my new provider is using plesk, and my old provider is using cpanel. From what I am understanding from your post is that I should tell the new provider to installed cpanel first then do a restore, and then tell them to install plesk on that same server to run the migration tool. Second option is to ask my current provider to run the migration utility on the actual server. My current provider is very busy with a rebranding of there website so I doubt that will happen. I am thiking maybe I can install cpanel on a computer I can get root access on and then do a full restore there, then run the migration utility on that server. I actually have a Fedora Core 3 computer at my home that I can install cpanel on. I am guessing just untaring the gzip that cpanel makes for you will not work with plesk that well. Thanks A lot for your help :D

Re: Full Backup

You would need to use a separate VPS to install CPanel on, or you could use any computer you can install CPanel on, THEN do the migration to your Plesk VPS. It would be better if the CPanel intermediate system you use has a fast internet connection to speed up the transfers.

Back