• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migrate from One OS to Another

lvalics

Silver Pleskian
Plesk Guru
Migrate from One OS to Another

Using our Backup/Restore utilities it's easy to migrate your live server from one operating system to another. Just backup your server's data and then restore it on another server under another operating system. You can also use this way to migrate from obsolete unsupported operating system to new version.

Anyone know where is restore utility for PLESK 7.5 ?
I did not find it on http://www.sw-soft.com/en/download/plesk/utilities/ and I tried version 7.1.x but not work :-(

If you've installed 7.5, you should have the backup/restore utilities already, they are now included in the Plesk application and are no longer available as a separate download.

Yes, I observed, but I was VERY dissapointed after this with the result.
Neither 7.1.x or 7.5 cannot restore psadump from PLESK 6.x :-(
Migration Manager work like a ..... no comment.

So I need to migrate 120 domains from PLESK 6 to PLESK 7, without have large downtime, but I don't have yet an idea.

One solution is to have a dump from PLESK 6 for backup, then to try to upgrade PLESK 6 to PLESK 7.1.x, then do an another dump, save it somewhere, format reisntall etc, install PLESK 7.1.x, restore ...

1. Hope restore will work well.
2. If not work, then I will be dead.
3. I'm pretty sure that PLESK 6 to PLESK 7.1.x upgrade will be very painfull. :-(

I thought on a 4PSA Backup solution, but they say that will not work either ...

Your best bet (and the one I've used countless times now)...

1) Install VMware
2) Install (in my case) FreeBSD
3) Install OLDplesk and OLDkey
4) Backup from OLDbox
5) Restore to VMWAREbox
6) Upgrade Plesk on VMWAREbox
7) Install NEWkey on VMWAREbox
8) Backup from VMWAREbox
9) Restore to NEWbox.

Oh, and somewhere around 0), put the kettle on.

Hmmmm, seems a pain in the :)))

I don't have VMWare, all is in a datacenter.
I have an another PLESK 7.5, where I have tried to migrate.
Maybe this will be the best to try.
Put a new box with 7.5, then setup same IP there, migrate all domains (hope will work), keep it up for 1 day, reroute IP, format other box, install new OS, PLESK and then to psadump and psarestore ... God bless me to work.

I'll eat my right arm if the migration migration works properly.

You are aware that you can install VMware locally on your own computer and it's available as a trial version? The only problem with that is that your backup files have to transfer over your own internet connection, which may or may not be a problem.

Thank, maybe I will ask for a VPS from my datacenter company and there is a VMWare. I will investigate how can be on a dedicated server installed VMWare.

Back