• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migrate from VPS w/ 4.2.3 to a new VPS w/ 4.5?

swopedesign

Regular Pleskian
I am attempting to migrate from one VPS host to another. I have a license for SiteBuilder 4.2.3 on the first VPS. I have tried to AutoUpdate, but nothing at all happens. The page just refreshes. Is it acceptable to migrate to the second VPS which has SiteBuilder 4.5 on it without any problems?

Also, the new VPS with 4.5 on it used the 4.5 auto installer. No one has any idea what the admin and password is for this installation so that the admin area can be accessed and my license installed, etc. What do we do about this?

Worst case, how do we downgrade to 4.2.3 on the 2nd VPS so we can migrate over?

TIA for the help.

Mike Swope

I am attempting to migrate from one VPS host to another. I have a license for SiteBuilder 4.2.3 on the first VPS. I have tried to AutoUpdate, but nothing at all happens. The page just refreshes. Is it acceptable to migrate to the second VPS which has SiteBuilder 4.5 on it without any problems?

Autoupdate Sitebuilder feature purposed for hotfixes installation within current version installed. There is no way to upgrade Sitebuilder from one version to newer with help of GUI autoupdate. For this, autoinstaller or manual upgrade required. For more information better use appropriate documentation section:

http://download1.parallels.com/SiteBuilder/4.5.0/doc/install/en_US/html/index.htm -> Upgrading from Plesk Sitebuilder 3.x.x and 4.x.x.

Also, the new VPS with 4.5 on it used the 4.5 auto installer. No one has any idea what the admin and password is for this installation so that the admin area can be accessed and my license installed, etc. What do we do about this?

By default Sitebuilder admin password is 'admin'. So you should try admin/admin pair. You can also always update password directly on the server. Use following article for this: http://kb.odin.com/en/1184

Worst case, how do we downgrade to 4.2.3 on the 2nd VPS so we can migrate over?

There is no automatic way for migration. So in this case you can use following ways:

1. Upgrade Sitebuilder 4.2.3 to 4.5 version on old VPS. Make dump for Sitebuilder database and Sitebuilder root directory and restore it on destination server.
2. You can also make backup for VPS, restore it on destination server and perform upgrade to 4.5 version after that.
There can be used different ways for this, but everything should be done manually (if we are talking about migration part) as there is no build-in functionality in Sitebuilder for this.

Back