• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migrating from 7.1.7 to 7.5.4! HELP!

V

vasillalov

Hi folks,

I have been given the task to move all the clients and their domains from one server to another. The old server is running Plesk 7.1.7 and the new one is running Plesk 7.5.4 Reloaded.

Is there a way to dump each individual domain from the old Plesk and reload it onto the new one?

Right now I am doing a manual move and it is a total PAIN!

P.S.
I tried using the psadump and psarestore utilities but when restoring onto the new server, I get error message that the versions are incompatible and the restore is terminated. This message also appears if I try to do a per-domain dump and restore.

Please help!

Dude! The PMM (plesk migration manager); access it using the admin login on the new plesk server and input your old server and presto.

I would advise, if you can, to upgrade the 7.1 to to 7.5 so it's 7.5.4 to 7.5.4. But, I migrated several hundred sites from a 7.1 machine to 7.5.4 a couple weeks ago and the ONLY problem I had was a few email accounts got deleted...

mmmm

This is something I should explore for sure. Unfortunately, the 7.1.7 install that I have does not have this package. Do I need to have a special licence for it or I can just install it....

The PMM will reside on the NEW 7.5.4 box and talk to the 7.1.7 box...

Back