1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Migrating Mail fails

Discussion in 'Plesk Expand 2.2 Troubleshooting Issues' started by gort, Feb 11, 2008.

1. gort

gort Guest

I have prepared and registered a Centralised Mail Server according to the documentation. When I try to migrate mail to the Centralised Server the migrating of emails process fails. (error log below)

Both servers are Plesk 8.3 linux and Expand 2.2

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>
    <packet version="2.2.1.27">
    <assign>
    <result>
    <status>error</status>
    <errcode>13608</errcode>
    <errtext>[Operator] Mail content migrating failed. Migrating content from Plesk server #6 to mail server #9 failed: (4003) [Operator] PleskAgent error. (1023) [PleskAgent - GENERAL] Operation failed. AERR_GENERAL
    API-RPC call finished with an error.
    ==HTTP request==========================
    POST https://xxx.xx.xx.xxx:8443/enterprise/control/agent.php
    HTTP_AUTH_LOGIN: admin
    Content-type: text/xml
    HTTP_AUTH_PASSWD: xxxxxxx

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><packet version="1.4.2.0">
    <migration_agent>
    <start>
    <temporary-agent-file>/usr/local/psa/tmp/li_CeRFMO</temporary-agent-file>
    <agent-dir></agent-dir>
    <selected-objects>
    <migrate-clients>
    <client>
    <name>johnsmith</name>
    <ip>
    <old>
    <ip-type>shared</ip-type>
    <ip-address>111.11.111.11</ip-address>
    </old>
    <new>
    <ip-address>222.22.222.22</ip-address>
    </new>
    </ip>
    <ip>
    <old>
    <ip-type>exclusive</ip-type>
    <ip-address>111.11.111.12</ip-address>
    </old>
    <new>
    </new>
    </ip>
    <ip>
    <old>
    <ip-address>111.11.111.13</ip-address>
    </old>
    <new>
    </new>
    </ip>
    <ip>
    <old>
    <ip-address>111.11.111.14</ip-address>
    </old>
    <new>
    </new>
    </ip>
    <ip>
    <old>
    <ip-address>111.11.111.15</ip-address>
    </old>
    <new>
    </new>
    </ip>
    <ip>
    <old>
    <ip-address>111.11.111.16</ip-address>
    </old>
    <new>
    </new>
    </ip>
    <ip>
    <old>
    <ip-address>111.11.111.17</ip-address>
    </old>
    <new>
    </new>
    </ip>
    <ip>
    <old>
    <ip-type>e</errtext>
    </result>
    </assign>
    </packet>

Note: Our datacentre has opened a ticket with Parallels but as this can sometimes take days I was hoping for some tips here. I saw KB item with psadump suggestions but we dont have that installed on our servers.

2. Netjunky

Netjunky Guest

good luck man...

We opened a ticket with Parallels few days ago and nothing. Same thing is with this forum.

Best Regards

3. Sergey L

Sergey L Golden Pleskian Staff Member

43%
    Please post your ticket ID here so I can look at it.

4. Netjunky

Netjunky Guest

We have never received ticket ID, that's the problem.
    We tried to send mail from our domain, gmail etc. and nothing.
    I have windows server with 900 domains and reload always fail.

Plesk server is unreachable now: SSL read: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0), errno 104.

We increased the SSLSessionCacheTimeout value in ssl.conf(C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\conf\ssl.conf) file, timeout values in php.ini(C:\Windows\php.ini)file and php memory use and still geting the same error.

Regards

5. gort

gort Guest

Our ticket number ID is SWsoft #444572

6. girin

girin Guest

Hi, Netjunky!

Try to decrease the values of the following parameters in the Expand conf file /usr/local/expand/conf/expand.conf:

[CltOp]
    max_get_per_request = 25
    [DomOp]
    max_get_per_request = 25

Set the values, for example, to 25. May be it should help to avoid this problem.
    These parameters define how many clients/domains will be send per request.

And what do you use apache or iis for plesk admin CP?

7. gort

gort Guest

I tried these max settings but no difference.

we are using apache.

I am wondering if having exlusive IPs or DNS pointing to external mail servers could be causing the problem?

and what does this mean at the end of the output?

<ip-type>e</errtext>

8. girin

girin Guest

Hi, gort!

It was my thoughts for Netjunky, not for you, sorry :)

In your case, I think this is not an issue of the Expand, seems to be some fatal error on the Plesk side.

About <ip-type>e</errtext>...

You should read the whole message:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>
    <packet version="2.2.1.27">
    <assign>
    <result>
    <status>error</status>
    <errcode>13608</errcode>
    <errtext>[Operator] Mail content mi
    <old>
    <ip-type>e</errtext>
    </result>
    </assign>
    </packet>

So you have a very big error message from the Plesk server.

9. gort

gort Guest

But what does it all mean...are the meaning of these error codes listed somewhere?

<errtext>[Operator] Mail content migrating failed. Migrating content from Plesk server #6 to mail server #9 failed: (4003) [Operator] PleskAgent error. (1023) [PleskAgent - GENERAL] Operation failed. AERR_GENERAL

10. gort

gort Guest

We moved mail over manually according to swsoft instructions.

- assign Plesk server to CMail without mail content migration.
    - stop Qmail and courier-imap on the Plesk server.
    - make tar archive of /var/qmail/mailnames directory: tar -cf mail.tar /var/qmail/mailnames
    - copy this tarball to Cmail and extract: tar -xf mail.tar -C /

We get to the point where everything looks correct in expand

However our CM has no mail accounts in PleskCP even though the mailbox files were unpacked.

We can repair/refresh the server and it seems to go ok - the mailboxes are listed in expand but not in the CM Plesk.

All mail fails - email is returned to sender for every client (no user found)

How can we get the CM to pick up the existing mailbox that were untarred on the server and that expand says are all OK?

Now we have deassigned and restored our clients email. It failed to de-assign the first time.

There are some quirky errors i.e. one reason mail didnt initially migrate was because there was a Client without any domains.

Another fatal error when refreshing boxes we saw was:
    "Country "" not found in current Plesk"

Also be warned that if you try and add a server to CM, the CM will send email to all customers advising them that a new control Panel has been assigned to them with the CM ip:8443 and a new password! To avoid this embarrassment you should turn off "notifications" on the CM before attempting to assign the server.

This is a very long road for us. We have been leasing Expand and CM server for many months now and still not working.

In the process Plesk has upgraded our expand to latest version, and we have upgraded our Plesk installs to 8.3 (linux)

We have been told now that auto migration with our versions of Expand 2.2, and Plesk 8.3 will not work. And manual migration doesnt seem to work either.

I dont understand why now, even with the latest versions of the software we cant use Expand for CM. Our ticket is still open if there is an expand developer who cares to look though I am worried about killing email for all of our customers again.

11. AndreasK

AndreasK Regular Pleskian

23%
    Hi all,
    i think we have the same problem here:

Status error
    Source server plesk02.XXXXXX.net
    Destination server plesk10.XXXXX.net
    Migrated objects A06018636
    A90020415
    Error [PleskAgent - GENERAL] Operation failed. AERR_GENERAL
    ==HTTP request========================== POST https://XXX.XXX.XXX.XX:8443/enterprise/control/agent.php
    HTTP_AUTH_LOGIN: admin
    Content-type: text/xml
    HTTP_AUTH_PASSWD:

========================================
    Error code: 1023.
    Error description:
    Given Ip type is different

(Expand 2.2.4 / Plesk 8.3)

We have open a ticket too (#492157). We have to much clients to migrate by hand and our time runs out. Our new Datacenter will be beginn with work this week! Is there a solution for this problems?

Regards,

AndreasK

12. ptupnet

ptupnet Guest

13. AndreasK

AndreasK Regular Pleskian

23%
    Parallels have fix something on our expand...
    But we don´t know what they have fix! Expand is a great mistery.

You have to update Expand to 2.2.4 and Plesk 8.3.0!

Best regards,

AndreasK

14. ptupnet

ptupnet Guest

Hello Andreask

Unfortunately, the SUS has expired, it has only 1 month limit, which to my view is very short. According to bers we have to upgrade the Plesk version to 8.4.1, and I can't find the release of that version. We do have version 8.3 updated and 2.2.4 updated

If this happens to someone, here is how we did it:

- We have migrate the accounts without the contents to the Central Mail Server(Cmail) via expand
    - We erased all the accounts at the Cmail
    - We have then made a full migration from the Plesk Server to the Cmail server
    - We deleted the Hosting and Database part of the domains in the Cmail server

It is working now, we had some minor DNS problems with some domains, but that was to expect. We took 48 hrs nonstop to have that done, for a 500 domains hosting.
    I think with a larger hosting company this is not a solution, because the domains will remain all this time without email. And clients will complain, has ours did :(

Pedro Dias

15. viperman67

viperman67 Guest

Central Mail Issue & Migration Similar

We have a similar situation. Plesk Expand; 4 Plesk Linux Servers (each with qmail) and 1 Windows Plesk Server with Merak 8.9.x

We setup an x64 box running virtuozzo. Installed Smartermail in a virtuozzo container in x64 mode. Running well. We then installed Plesk 8.4 for windows and put or c-mail license on that server. When we added that server as a central mail server on our expand machine, it failed UNTIL we put IP in.

We then assigned ONE of our Linux Plesk 8.4 boxes TO that c-mail and left "migrate data" unchecked. That was when all heck broke loose. Expand started complaining about the inability to sync, All mail icons on ALL domains on that plesk server disappeared (which is STUPID since the option should be to leave EXISTING users mail alone...). The Remote Mail Icon just spins its wheels for about 4 minutes then fails to go anywhere, When we de-listed that Linux Plesk Server in Expand, all it did was remove it from expand, the Plesk server is still "broken" for all mail services.

This is a MAJOR problem and this 30 day support **** is just that, ****. With over 5K invested in Parallels Plesk and expand products we expect a LOT more. A WHOLE LOT MORE.

Matt Sine, CTO
    Alphasites.net

16. ptupnet

ptupnet Guest

The de-listing part also happened to us, to save the situation, we had to delete all clients from Cmail server, assign again without the content, and then de-assign again with the content option on, it reestablished the dns and mail buttons.

And YES, we espect to pay for a working solution, not for a broken system...