• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migrating to new server

B

bartje3

Hi,

What a nightmare:

- I used Sitebuilder 2.0.3 on FC3 until 6 jan
- 6 jan I was hacked and I reinstalled server with Debian 3.1 (provider killed FC from templates)
- I managed it to get SB working again 2.0.3 on Debian
- Then end jan I've planned to migrate to a new server with FC5_64bit
- Because of that I've tried several times to update SB to 3.0.2 without success.
- After migrating all Plesk accounts to FC5_64bit I've tried again to first install the old version of SB with the backups, but there isn't a 2.0.3 for FC5, so I installed SB_FC4_64_bit without getting it really to work, but perhaps the migration would succeed, but .... :(
The whole structure has changed, so I wasn't able to repair pages by hand, as I did last year and before (never had a smooth upgrade of SB since the beginnings version 1). The migration util didn't recognise the previsious settings or pages.
Now I'm trying to get a clean install of SB3 working but with errors:
File: /usr/local/sitebuilder/include/SB/Actions/Wizard/Pages.php; Line: 92
Again now I will remove the whole stuff, customers are without SB since 2 weeks now and I don't know what to tell them more. I'm trying now to install SB with the autoinstaller, maybe I have more success. After that I'll have to rebuild a bunch of sites by hand, this will cost me days of hard work.

And last but not least, again there is no real integration into Plesk like on my Windows Server with Plesk. Why is it so diificult to implement this into Linux too ? A simple checkbox for each customer to enable Sitebuilder ? Checkboxes for resellers are useless if SB doesn't work at all, imagine who really wants to resell SB packages ???

Bart

Really upgrade from SB 2.x to SB 3.x is very hard thing in many cases.

If you have enough resourses you can try the following algorithm:
* perform clean install of SB 3.0.2 (don't forget to drop sitebuilder3 database before if exists)
* copy from SB 2.x server the following:
* directory <sb-root>/htdocs/users into htdocs/users on new server
* directory <sb-root>/htdocs/repository/templates
* file <sb-root>/include/config.php
* make a dump of SB 2.x database and restore it on new server
* perform full backup of new server (this saves your time in the case of broken migration)
* run PHP CLI (for example /opt/php51/bin/php5) on migration script - /opt/php51/bin/php5 <sb-root>/utils/migration.php
* run sb_config --migrate_all

Hi,

That worked like a charm !
Now everything seems migrated, only problem is that "Publish" leads to a white page, so that I'm not able to publish (xcopy / FTP).

Thank you for taking the time to write this step-by-step solution !!

EDITED: Now it works, I had to disable safe_mode for all the domains which works with sitebuilder, seems like global value isn't taken.

Regards,
Bart

Our old sitebuilder is 2.1.1 so when we run
php5 migration.php

we get the following error.

This isn't a database for SiteBuilder 2.1.3

Do we need to upgrade the old server first? Will that have its own pile of issues? Actually now that I look into this there is no version of 2.1.3 for Redhat 9 so we can't even do that step first.

Does anyone have another solution?

Originally posted by Jllynch
Our old sitebuilder is 2.1.1 so when we run php5 migration.php

we get the following error.

This isn't a database for SiteBuilder 2.1.3

Do we need to upgrade the old server first? Will that have its own pile of issues? Actually now that I look into this there is no version of 2.1.3 for Redhat 9 so we can't even do that step first.

Does anyone have another solution?

Yes, upgrade to version 2.1.3 required in this case. As I know on official SWsoft site there is no distributive for RH9, because when version 2.1.3 was released SWsoft already announced about End of Life support for RH9. But I have this distributive on my server and if you need it I can upload it to you. You can create temporary FTP account for me, for example and I will upload it to you. You can also suggest another way for this procedure, if FTP uploading is not appropriate way for you.

Is the upgrade from 2.1.1 to 2.1.3 fairly strait forward and likely to not have any troubles? Where did you get the 2.1.3 for RH9 from?

Upgrade from 2.1.1 version to 2.1.3 should go smoothly and without any problems. Anyway, before upgrade it is recommended to create Sitebuilder database and Sitebuilder working directory backup.
In the past some of the customers (there were several customers with RH9) asked our developers to create SB 2.1.3 build for RH9. Build was compiled and tested but officially was not released. From that time I store this build, just in case ;-)

Dmitry do you know if you can transfer your sitebuilder liscence to a new server and if so how?
If so how do we get a temporary license during the move over? (all the bloody features are disabled )

Would it work to move a 2.1.1 sitebuilder to a new server with 2.1.3? Can we just copy the database and sitebuilder directory or do they have to both be running the same version? (We tried to install 2.1.1 on the new server so they were the same but that wouldn't install.) Or can we just restore the backups within 2.1.3 from 2.1.1? Or do these backups only work on the same server?

Originally posted by Jllynch
Dmitry do you know if you can transfer your sitebuilder liscence to a new server and if so how?
If so how do we get a temporary license during the move over? (all the bloody features are disabled )

You can ask sales team to send you your current license and temporary use it on old server and on new one during migration process. But note, this should be done only temporary.
You can also try to transfer the license from old server. License is stored into /usr/local/sitebuilder/.keys/.sb.key file. So you need just copy it.

Would it work to move a 2.1.1 sitebuilder to a new server with 2.1.3? Can we just copy the database and sitebuilder directory or do they have to both be running the same version? (We tried to install 2.1.1 on the new server so they were the same but that wouldn't install.) Or can we just restore the backups within 2.1.3 from 2.1.1? Or do these backups only work on the same server?

If you wish to perform the migration both servers should have the same version of Sitebuilder. Backups should be restored on the same server because 2.1.1 and 2.1.3 databases are different a little bit.

Migrating from SB 2.1.3 to SB 4

Hello,

Has anyone tried the SibProgrammer's instructions while upgrading to Site Builder 4?

Thank you,

Alexandre

I did not try it but procedure should be the same:

* perform clean install of SB 4.0.0 (don't forget to drop sitebuilder3 database before if exists)
* copy from SB 2.x server the following:
* directory <sb-root>/htdocs/users into htdocs/users on new server
* directory <sb-root>/htdocs/repository/templates
* file <sb-root>/include/config.php
* make a dump of SB 2.x database and restore it on new server
* perform full backup of new server (this saves your time in the case of broken migration)
* run PHP CLI (for example /opt/php52/bin/php5) on migration script - /opt/php52/bin/php5 <sb-root>/utils/migration.php
* run sb_config --migrate_all

Before making any actions create full Sitebuilder backup just in case, so previous state could be restored for Sitebuilder.

Back