1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Migration BUG!!! Corrupt Characters

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by dalumpi2, Oct 10, 2007.

1. dalumpi2

dalumpi2 Guest

Hi SWSOFT. I'm really satisfied with your software, but I did a migration from one server to my new one.

The Old server (SOURCE) is Plesk 8.01
    The New server (DESTINATION), 8.2

Now all was going fine, but in the websites on my new server some symbols are corrupt:

Example:

On my Old Server the word was correctly:
    • Gästebuch
    • Schlüsselanhänger
    • Frühjahr
    • Räucherstäbchen
    • Wanderstöcke
      [/list=a]

Now it becomes:
      • Gästebuch
      • SchlÃŒsselanhÀnger
      • FrÃŒhjahr
      • RÀucherstÀbchen
      • Wanderstöcke
        [/list=a]

So there is a problem with:
        1. ü
        2. ö
        3. ä
          [/list=a]

What can I do? Can anyone help me or give me a SQL - Replace Script? I think that would work.

2. steinefrenz

steinefrenz New Pleskian

20%
    Problem with char set

Migration manager seems to dump the DB with the following command
    /usr/bin/mysqldump -h 'localhost' -u 'admin' -p'****' -P '3306' --quick --quote-names --add-drop-table --compatible=mysql323 --default-character-set=utf8 --set-charset 'db_name'

I assume the last part '--default-character-set=utf8' is responsible for what you see now.

Anyway I know lots of people (including myself) who cannot migrate from 8.2 to another 8.2 server. We always get the same error 'Field contains improper value'. SWSOFT doesnt seem to care at all.

3. benji

benji Guest

I simply removed the <<<--default-charset=utf8>>> parameter, on that file (/usr/local/psa/PMM/agents/shared/Db/MysqlShellBackend.pm, at the server witch calls the migration, that is, destination server), and now migration manager is working just perfect. Hope that helps anyone.

4. lvalics

lvalics Silver Pleskian Plesk Guru

43%
    an another solution was to move the /var/lib/mysql/ directories as a tar.gz and untar it on new server :)