1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Migration BUG!!! Corrupt Characters

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by dalumpi2, Oct 10, 2007.

  1. dalumpi2

    dalumpi2 Guest

    0
     
    Hi SWSOFT. I'm really satisfied with your software, but I did a migration from one server to my new one.

    The Old server (SOURCE) is Plesk 8.01
    The New server (DESTINATION), 8.2


    Now all was going fine, but in the websites on my new server some symbols are corrupt:

    Example:

    On my Old Server the word was correctly:
    • Gästebuch
    • Schlüsselanhänger
    • Frühjahr
    • Räucherstäbchen
    • Wanderstöcke
      [/list=a]

      Now it becomes:
      • Gästebuch
      • SchlÃŒsselanhÀnger
      • FrÃŒhjahr
      • RÀucherstÀbchen
      • Wanderstöcke
        [/list=a]

        So there is a problem with:
        1. ü
        2. ö
        3. ä
          [/list=a]

          What can I do? Can anyone help me or give me a SQL - Replace Script? I think that would work.
     
  2. steinefrenz

    steinefrenz New Pleskian

    22
    20%
    Joined:
    Oct 10, 2007
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Problem with char set

    Migration manager seems to dump the DB with the following command
    /usr/bin/mysqldump -h 'localhost' -u 'admin' -p'****' -P '3306' --quick --quote-names --add-drop-table --compatible=mysql323 --default-character-set=utf8 --set-charset 'db_name'

    I assume the last part '--default-character-set=utf8' is responsible for what you see now.

    Anyway I know lots of people (including myself) who cannot migrate from 8.2 to another 8.2 server. We always get the same error 'Field contains improper value'. SWSOFT doesnt seem to care at all.
     
  3. benji

    benji Guest

    0
     
    I simply removed the <<<--default-charset=utf8>>> parameter, on that file (/usr/local/psa/PMM/agents/shared/Db/MysqlShellBackend.pm, at the server witch calls the migration, that is, destination server), and now migration manager is working just perfect. Hope that helps anyone.
     
  4. lvalics

    lvalics Silver Pleskian Plesk Guru

    36
    43%
    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2003
    Messages:
    965
    Likes Received:
    32
    Location:
    Romania
    an another solution was to move the /var/lib/mysql/ directories as a tar.gz and untar it on new server :)
     
Loading...