• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration BUG!!! Corrupt Characters

D

dalumpi2

Hi SWSOFT. I'm really satisfied with your software, but I did a migration from one server to my new one.

The Old server (SOURCE) is Plesk 8.01
The New server (DESTINATION), 8.2

Now all was going fine, but in the websites on my new server some symbols are corrupt:

Example:

On my Old Server the word was correctly:
  • Gästebuch
  • Schlüsselanhänger
  • Frühjahr
  • Räucherstäbchen
  • Wanderstöcke
    [/list=a]

Now it becomes:
    • Gästebuch
    • SchlÃŒsselanhÀnger
    • FrÃŒhjahr
    • RÀucherstÀbchen
    • Wanderstöcke
      [/list=a]

So there is a problem with:
      1. ü
      2. ö
      3. ä
        [/list=a]

What can I do? Can anyone help me or give me a SQL - Replace Script? I think that would work.

Problem with char set

Migration manager seems to dump the DB with the following command
/usr/bin/mysqldump -h 'localhost' -u 'admin' -p'****' -P '3306' --quick --quote-names --add-drop-table --compatible=mysql323 --default-character-set=utf8 --set-charset 'db_name'

I assume the last part '--default-character-set=utf8' is responsible for what you see now.

Anyway I know lots of people (including myself) who cannot migrate from 8.2 to another 8.2 server. We always get the same error 'Field contains improper value'. SWSOFT doesnt seem to care at all.

I simply removed the <<<--default-charset=utf8>>> parameter, on that file (/usr/local/psa/PMM/agents/shared/Db/MysqlShellBackend.pm, at the server witch calls the migration, that is, destination server), and now migration manager is working just perfect. Hope that helps anyone.

an another solution was to move the /var/lib/mysql/ directories as a tar.gz and untar it on new server :)

Back