• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

migration error

L

luca_000

Hi
im italian,
after the migration plesk it has given to these errors... what to me I must make?

Details
Data migration from host 81.174.30.2 has been completed.

domain hostingtalk.it

Execution of /usr/local/psa/bin/domadmin --update hostingtalk.it -passwd -multiple-sessions true -dashboard false -manage_dashboard false -status true -skin WinXP\ Reloaded\ Compact -make_dumps true -manage_anonftp true -manage_crontab true -manage_dns true -manage_ftp_password true -manage_log true -manage_phosting true -manage_quota true -manage_subdomains true -manage_webapps true -stdgui true -country IT -locale it-IT failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
Wrong syntax for option's '-locale' parameter

Execution of /usr/local/psa/bin/domadmin --update hostingtalk.it -locale it-IT failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
Wrong syntax for option's '-locale' parameter

Very Tanks
Luca

Maybe you should try to change the locale to default (english) for hostingtalk.it domain and then try to migrate once again.

I've got a similar problem ('skin' not 'locale'):

Execution of /usr/local/psa/bin/domadmin --update cornish-stone-floors.co.uk -passwd -multiple-sessions false -dashboard false -manage_dashboard false -status true -skin Silver\ Bullet -stdgui true -country GB -zip TR2\ 5PY -state Cornwall failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
Wrong syntax for option's "skin" parameter: unknown skin "Silver Bullet"

Thanks luca_000

In my Plesk 6 I don't have a skin option for "WinXP\ Reloaded\ Compact". So I tried changing to "Classic" - but same error!

Execution of /usr/local/psa/bin/domadmin --update cornish-stone-floors.co.uk -passwd -multiple-sessions false -dashboard false -manage_dashboard false -status true -skin Classic -stdgui true -country GB -zip TR2\ 5PY -state Cornwall failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
Wrong syntax for option's "skin" parameter: unknown skin "Classic"

The strange thing is that on this Plesk 6 server all the domains had the same skin (Silver Bullet) - and yesterday I tried my first migration on a site and it worked fine!

I too had the same problem with several domain user accounts.

I wish SWsoft would chime in here with some answers.

My first question would be, how come your PMM cannot handle simple and obvious issues like client skins that do not exist on the new server. Why not just default it to the server default if it is not found..

Bad error handling.

Yes I agree. This is a bug - and it's worrying that the developers seem to show such little interest in bugs.

My problem was a missing skin and the fix is to just create a skin with that name on the receiving server.

Another irritating bug I am finding is that two "ghost" empty folders get created in httpdocs and httpsdocs after migration (and new domain creation for that matter). One is called "picture_library" and the other is "plesk_stat". These are not there on the setup skeleton. They're just a darn nuisance.

Also - in a migration Plesk will add any files from the skeleton to the migrated site. e.g any CSS files, image files and so on. But surely that's illogical? they should only be put into NEW sites I would have thought!

Originally posted by artm
Yes I agree. This is a bug - and it's worrying that the developers seem to show such little interest in bugs.

Every time I contacted migration developers through support they answered and fixed the problem.

Back