• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration from Plesk 7.6 to Plesk 8.6

S

sunil106

Hi,

I have 2 dedicated servers. One with Plesk 7.6 (Windows 2003) loaded and second one with Plesk 8.6 (Windows 2003) loaded.

I want to migrate Users, Passwords, Domains, Data, Database from Plesk 7.6 to New Server which has Plesk 8.6 loaded.

What should I do?
1. Shall I install PMM to achieve this?

OR

2. Shall I take Plesk backup on old server and restore it to New Server?

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks & Regards,
Sunil

ok, I think PMM is meant for something else. Can I restore Plesk 7.6 Backup to Plesk 8.6? Please advice.

PMM is definitely the tools for this. Install PMM on your target server and install PMM agent on your source server. Then run PMM from your target server (plesk 8.6) and it will list sites that you can migrate.

Goodluck on getting it to work though...as I have been asking this question for 1 month and no one reply. Plesk support only reply through paid support.

Thank abubin for your quick response. I have installed PMM on New server and I see option "Migration Manager" under Servers. I have also installed Agent on Source server. Agent is listening on port 6489 and I confirmed by telneting port.

Both servers are in different data center. I tried telnet to 6489 (Agent on source) from new server and it successfully connects to HTTP API but I am unable to connect thru plesk migration manager interface on new server.

Is there anything I am missing?

great!! meaning you got your's working? How? I already tried the solution in the link but still doesn't work.

my team member reported that he has established VPN connection between both servers and pointed server migration to use vpn connection ip

haha...had to resort to using VPN. Good idea anyway...at least can solve the connection issues. I will try this out. Thank you.

Wish PMM use ftp instead of file transfer protocol for transferring files. It is damn slow on VPN connection when it comes to data transfer in Gigs. I would suggest that you remove files from http docs & mail server and upload them seperately incase you have huge data. I see migration page times out several times when data is huge :(

Back