• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration Manager does not work if spamassassin deletes email.

R

rommer

If any account has the delete email option set in spassassin the migration manger fails with the following message.

<execution-result status="error"><message code="InternalDtdValidationFailed" severity="error"><context>void plesk::validateSchema(plesk::tXmlDocument&amp;, const std::string&amp;)</context><file>./xml_parse.cpp</file><line>412</line><text>Failed validation of the document with its internal DTD. The errors are: Element 'spamassassin', attribute 'action': [facet 'enumeration'] The value 'del' is not an element of the set {'delete', 'mark'}.Element 'spamassassin', attribute 'action': 'del' is not a valid value of the local atomic type..</text></message></execution-result>

What a royal pita!

Migration Manager fails with InternalDtdValidationFailed error when upgrading 8.1

I get a similar message about invalid XML when I try to upgrade from Plesk 8.1 to 9.2 (even via 8.6)

<execution-result status="error"><message code="InternalDtdValidationFailed" severity="error"><context>plesk::validateSchema</context><file>.\xml_parse.cpp</file><line>412</line><text>Failed validation of the document with its internal DTD. The errors are: Element 'password', attribute 'type': [facet 'enumeration'] The value 'crypt' is not an element of the set {'plain', 'encrypted', 'empty'}.
Element 'password', attribute 'type': 'crypt' is not a valid value of the local atomic type.

Above error seems to appear in the log for each password for each domain. Tried to do a manual backup and restore and even tried to correct the XML with a search for "crypt" and replace with "encrypted" ... but cannot seem to get it going.

Guess I'll have to take each of my many hosted domains over manually, checking each setting etc ... !

Got it going

I did the following to get my data across:

1. Backup old server - From the migration guide followed the "Migrating from earlier versions of Plesk Panel" section.

2. Copied the backed up .psa file over to the new server.

3. Ran the pre9-backup-convert utility (see migration guide)

4. Corrected the XML file in the --destination directory from step 3 by (a.) In Plesk Panel attempting a "Migrate Manager" > "Start New Migration" > "Transfer data already processed by the migration agent and located on the local host" and specifying the converted xml file's location (b.) Go to "Backup Manager" in the Plesk Panel and have a look at failed log (c.) Make changes to xml file manually (d.) repeat from (a.)

- I needed to replace the "crypt" parameter with "encrypted"
- I needed to remove all the <spamassassin> elements

Hope this helps someone.

Back