• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration Manager error 'cannot send scout'

K

katsol

Has anyone gotten the Migration Manager for 8.1 to work? I keep getting error messages. I've double checked my passwords and user ID and everything is right, and also confirmed that I have the iconv on my old server, but I still keep getting failures when I try the migration manager.

The first messages I get is: Waiting the response from agent

Retrieving information on the host [my old server name] is in progress

Then I get the following output:

Error log

Cannot send scout to the remote host

Failed to execute scout.
The return code is 1
The output on STDERR is

Sorry, try again.

Sorry, try again.

sudo: 2 incorrect password attempts

Any suggestions?

So, you're using a "sudo" migration? May be sudo is not allowed for this user on source server?

Ok. I figured out yesterday that the user I use has to be in the sudoers file and got the migration to go.

However, now I'm getting an error when I try to restart apache saying that it is getting an error in the .../vhost_ssl.conf file. It looks like it is pointing to the old path of the ssl certificate.

Hm... Which OSes are installed on source/destination host?

May be you should contact a support service to report an issue to devel team and fix the problem immediately.

RHEL3 with Plesk 8.0.1 on the source server and RHEL4 with Plesk 8.1 on the destination server

Back