• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MIgration Manager - Plesk 5.5 to 7.5

spaceout

Basic Pleskian
I have a Plesk 5 server on RH 7.2 that I want to migrate to a Plesk 7.5 on RH ES 3.

Does it work? Are there any known issues? Am I dreaming? :)

Docs...

Yeah, everything sounds fine in the documentation. I was just wondering about how it works in the real world. I've read dozens of posts on this forum and I don't think I've heard one instance of a migration that actually worked seamlessly.

I'm personally weary of any program that "does it for me". That being said, the good ol psadump/psarestore works quite well for what it's doing. The migration manager is most likely just calling that when it does a plesk to plesk "migration".

Yeah

I understand what you mean about the "does it for me" thing. But I guess that's one reason I wanted a control panel for in the first place.

I have successfully done a psadump/psarestore in the past to move from one server to another, however, they were both running the same version of Plesk. I guess I will try the migration manager first to see how it goes...if that fails then I'll try the dump/restore option.

Back