1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

MIgration Manager - Plesk 5.5 to 7.5

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by spaceout, Jul 7, 2005.

1. spaceout

spaceout Basic Pleskian

73%
    I have a Plesk 5 server on RH 7.2 that I want to migrate to a Plesk 7.5 on RH ES 3.

Does it work? Are there any known issues? Am I dreaming? :)

2. serve-you.net

serve-you.net Guest

3. spaceout

spaceout Basic Pleskian

73%
    Docs...

Yeah, everything sounds fine in the documentation. I was just wondering about how it works in the real world. I've read dozens of posts on this forum and I don't think I've heard one instance of a migration that actually worked seamlessly.

4. serve-you.net

serve-you.net Guest

I'm personally weary of any program that "does it for me". That being said, the good ol psadump/psarestore works quite well for what it's doing. The migration manager is most likely just calling that when it does a plesk to plesk "migration".

5. spaceout

spaceout Basic Pleskian

73%
    Yeah

I understand what you mean about the "does it for me" thing. But I guess that's one reason I wanted a control panel for in the first place.

I have successfully done a psadump/psarestore in the past to move from one server to another, however, they were both running the same version of Plesk. I guess I will try the migration manager first to see how it goes...if that fails then I'll try the dump/restore option.