1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

MIgration Manager - Plesk 5.5 to 7.5

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by spaceout, Jul 7, 2005.

1. spaceout

spaceout Basic Pleskian

73%
    I have a Plesk 5 server on RH 7.2 that I want to migrate to a Plesk 7.5 on RH ES 3.

Does it work? Are there any known issues? Am I dreaming? :)

2. serve-you.net

serve-you.net Guest

3. spaceout

spaceout Basic Pleskian

73%
    Docs...

Yeah, everything sounds fine in the documentation. I was just wondering about how it works in the real world. I've read dozens of posts on this forum and I don't think I've heard one instance of a migration that actually worked seamlessly.

4. serve-you.net

serve-you.net Guest

I'm personally weary of any program that "does it for me". That being said, the good ol psadump/psarestore works quite well for what it's doing. The migration manager is most likely just calling that when it does a plesk to plesk "migration".

5. spaceout

spaceout Basic Pleskian

73%
    Yeah

I understand what you mean about the "does it for me" thing. But I guess that's one reason I wanted a control panel for in the first place.

I have successfully done a psadump/psarestore in the past to move from one server to another, however, they were both running the same version of Plesk. I guess I will try the migration manager first to see how it goes...if that fails then I'll try the dump/restore option.