• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration manager resets all ssl certificates

D

Dragan Marjanovic

Using the migration manager will reset all ssl certificates for all your IP addresses to the default ssl certificate for the server you are migrating to! I'm using plesk 9.2.1 on centos 4 32bit.

We just hit the same issue using the migration manager to move a site from a Plesk 9.2.3 installation on RHEL4 to another Plesk 9.2.3 installation on RHEL4.

The certificate for all sites using a dedicated IP address and a dedicate certificate was reset to the certificate of the default site using the main IP address of the server. We had to manually reassign the correct certificate to all sites!

There is a workaround here:
http://forum.parallels.com/showpost.php?p=395046&postcount=39

I hope the fix will be included in an updated Plesk version asap, since it's not acceptable for this bug to be around this long!

Thanks.

How do I manually reassign the certs? This just happened to me

You waste your time going through every single site and selecting the correct certificate; real fun if you've got a lot of sites. Parallels hasn't been able to fix it in eight months now without some custom patch which I've not tried yet.

While the 9.3 release notes may say that this problem is fixed, it seems to not have been completely fixed.

I just migrated about 40 domains to a new server and about a third of them were still pointing to the old certificate. I changed the first few by hand (edited using a command line editor). Then I discovered that editing anything in the Web Hosting Settings for the domain would also change the certificate.

What a pain! Since "upgrading" from the rock solid Plesk 8.6 to the flakey Plesk 9.3 I've run into one bug after the other. I would rather Parallels would spend some serious time testing and fixing bugs and stop this crazy rush to advance the version numbers.

It's definitely not completely fixed, the current status is that 9.3 will bring the certificate over but screw up the assignment and turn off the use same directory for secure requests check box if you had it on before, so every site you migrate you have to go in and turn that back on and choose the existing certificate all over again, before your web server will restart. So it's easy to tell when a migration has finished for us since the web server will go down and we'll get an alert from our monitoring system. But cut them some slack, it's only been a few months, it took eight months to fix the last issue. LOL 9.x should be stable by December I think, then they'll release 10.

I'd be happy with Plesk 9.3.x releases for the next year if all they did was fixed bugs. It would also be nice if they brought back the rest of the features they removed when they "upgraded" Plesk 8.6.

I need reliability far more than I need new features!

Back