• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration manager still resets all SSL certificates

D

DraganM

Dear Plesk,

I first reported this bug on May 12th .. its now Sept 22 and it still isn't fixed!

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=90260

When you use the migration manager it will reset all SSL certificates on all IP addresses on the server you are migrating to (it sets them to the default server certificate).

Can you please fix this soon as it makes the migration manager completely useless...

I've confirmed this on both centos 4 32bit and centos 5 64bit running plesk 9.2.2

Thank you for highlighting this case. Our development team is already aware of this issue and is working on the fix, for more information please refer to knowledge base article below:

http://kb.odin.com/en/6627

Thanks for looking at this but from the knowledge base article you pointed to is not the bug that I'm trying to explain.

The bug is more than just the ssl certificate not being migrated. In fact the ssl certificate is migrated correctly. The problem is that every single ssl certificate for every interface on the server you are migrating to is RESET to the default certificate .. So if you have 200 ssl certificates installed and you use the migration manager to migrate a site then after the migration all 200 sites will be set to the "default certificate".

This is effecting us as well. Plesk 9.2.2 with 100 domains, did a migration this morning for one client and domain from a Plesk 8 server and ALL domains on the 9.2.2 server had their SSL certificates set back to the default certificate.

DraganM - They are aware of the issue you are trying to describe, I have raised it with them. They don't know when it will be fixed though.

Update--I have chased this up with support and they still do not know an ETA for this being fixed.

It gets better; 9.2.3 has introduced a new bug where migration manager now extracts the migrated files in /tmp even though it brings them over in the directory you specify in the wizard, so if you're migrating a site larger than the server's /tmp directory, it will fill it up and then the control panel stops responding until you remove the files manually and restart Plesk.

We just hit the same issue using the migration manager to move a site from a Plesk 9.2.3 installation on RHEL4 to another Plesk 9.2.3 installation on RHEL4.

The certificate for all sites using a dedicated IP address and a dedicate certificate was reset to the certificate of the default site using the main IP address of the server. We had to manually reassign the correct certificate to all sites!

Besides the provided workaround, do you know when a permanent fix for this will be included in an updated Plesk version?

Thanks.

I hope that it will be included to the next Plesk update but I'm not responsible to provide any ETA when it will be released.

Back