• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration of Plesk 6 data to Plesk 8 new install

R

Roland@

Hi

I have PLESK 6, but am putting 8 on a new server, I have hunted the forums, but can find no definitive answer for migrating my data, other than upgrading my 6 to 8.

Is that really the case?

Regards

Rolando

you can always try the PMM ( Plesk Migration Manager ) and the psa8 machine. I personally haven't migrated 6 to 8 but I believe the PMM works with psa 2.x and up as the source....

The source will still remain intact incase the migration doesn't work, so don't worry about that..

Hope this helps ;)

Thanks for the advice Poke,

Will the Plesk Migration Manager be part of the standard install wiht PLESK 8 then?

Or its this new software?

Its all moved on a bit from when I last had to engage with it!!

Regards

Rolando

Plesk Migration Manager is normally standard with Plesk 8 or at least it came that way with my license. I did a Plesk 7.5.4 migration to Plesk 8.0 on two healthy servers and for the most part it went okay. There were lots of little (and often difficult) settings that I had to put back but once I did a few the rest was easy. What is really nice about PMM is as the other user said your old server stays intact.

Cheers thanks for that

Plesk has served me well, so i look forward to the migration

;)

Roland,

Please post your results of your migration here when you are finished. I am currently dealing with several problems migrating to 8.0 from a 6.0 server with PMM.

Thanks,
Jens

Hi Jens

Please outline the problems for me if you have the time, so I can watch out for them,

Regards

Roland

Well Plesk 8 looks great.

Unfortuately when I try to migrate my data, it merrily does so, but it takes around 2 seconds to complete and makes no dump.xml file. Now I am lost, I know that its communicating with my server as when I put a wrong password in, it tells me.

I am not sure where to go from here, has anyone any advice they offer whilst I trawl the forums for any nuggets of knowledge that I may find.

Many Thanks

Roland

you will have to look at the migration logs..

they will be wherever you specified in the first step of the migration process..

edit:
for example, i specified /var/psa/PMM as the local folder for migration...

one of my migrations' files are stored in:
/var/psa/PMM/2006-06-17-01.07.42.998822

Thanks, i looked but they were not there, the problem is solved now, I did an inplace upgrade to the newest verison of PLESK 8.0.1 and now the migration manager is working.

Although how long does a migration take? I have 10 domains and 14 GB of data, It has been going for 3 hours solid and is stuck around half way through is this normal?

I would imagine 14GB of data transferred over internet would take some time, but as Ive never done if before wouldnt really know.

Thanks

Roland

Back