1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Migration Plesk 7.5.4 to 8.3

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by e-und-d, Jan 16, 2008.

1. e-und-d

e-und-d Guest

Hi,

this error shows up when i try to migrate one of our domains:

and:

Can anybody help?

2. rspurlock

rspurlock Guest

same problem

Hi e-und-d,

I'm experiencing the exact same issue. I have 50+ sites running on a Plesk 7.5.4 server and cannot migrate them to the new server running 8.3.

Has anyone else run into this problem and found a fix?

TIA,

Rob

3. lvalics

lvalics Silver Pleskian Plesk Guru

43%
    Could be that on new PLESK don't have active application vault?
    Try to migrate client by client, at least you do some step in this way, not all in once.
    Or select a few domains, migrate, continue again ...

4. rspurlock

rspurlock Guest

All criteria met

Hi lvalics,

Thanks for your response. I have been trying 4-5 accounts at a time, and have even attempted 1 account. Almost all of our sites on the old server running 7.5.4 have at least 1 app vault app installed so we're going to have a difficult time without some type of fix or resolution.

The new server has all the settings per the kb for migration so none of those issues apply, and we have app vault installed on both servers.

Is this a limitation with the migration utility and differing vault app packages by chance?

TIA,

Rob

5. lvalics

lvalics Silver Pleskian Plesk Guru

43%
    Dunno, from error I try to guess that this is the problem. Do you have on new server app vault installed?
    You can try a hack to enter PSA database and "unlock" application vault.
    For example copy PSA database to PSA 2 and then from PSA database try to delete application vault tables, MAYBE will work. It is a bad hack, but this is what I try if I will have this problem.