• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

migration questions

A

atrias

I have a plesk 8.0.1 in redhat EL 3

I would like to migrate the whole plesk setup (pages,DBs, IPs, certificates, everything!) to another server for some days in order to format the first server and install newer OS and then put the plesk CP back in the first server (everything back again including the license key!)

I have already setup a second server with plesk 8.4.0 on CentOS 5.2 with a temporary license key for 14 days that parallels provided me

I am OK with most prequisities in KB article #2112
http://kb.odin.com/en/2112

I have a question though on step 6 of this KB article regarding the default character set of mysql
The output of the shell command specified in this article is the one shown there (latin1 everywhere) but through phpmyadmin in the web interface of the control panel I get this:
character set client utf8
(Global value) latin1
character set connection utf8
(Global value) latin1
character set results utf8
(Global value) latin1
These are from the default plesk 8.4.0 installation. Nothing has been altered
Would the above utf8 settings be a problem with the migration process??

Another question is will there be a problem if I migrate from a plesk 8.0.1 system to a plesk 8.4.0 system?

Also what can I do about the IP addresses of the two servers? The final server must have the same IP addresses as the first server. But the migration is done through network so the two servers can not have the same IP addresses at the same time! what do I do about that?

In the final server (the one that I will format and install the new OS) I would like to use the license key that I use now for our 8.0.1 plesk (not the temporary one). How can I "extract" the license key so as to use it on the new server I will setup?

Is there anything else that I should be careful about during the migration process?

thank you for your time

the migration process seems to work ok but after trying to migrate a few domains i get this error

Failed deployment of database xxxxx (domain xxxxxx.xx)

Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/cid_unpacker /usr/local/psa/PMM/var/2008-07-15-14.22.46.232808 failed with return code 1.
Stdin is
db

Is this error a result of what i quote below about the mysql charset?

I am OK with most prequisities in KB article #2112
http://kb.odin.com/en/2112

I have a question though on step 6 of this KB article regarding the default character set of mysql
The output of the shell command specified in this article is the one shown there (latin1 everywhere) but through phpmyadmin in the web interface of the control panel I get this:

These are from the default plesk 8.4.0 installation. Nothing has been altered
Would the above utf8 settings be a problem with the migration process??

my clients are greek so many things in databases maybe in greek charsets

any ideas / solutions?

thank you for your time

update!

searched the logs and the error i get is

Runtime error during db: (1, '', "ERROR 1426 (42000) at line 461: Too big precision 250 specified for column 'r1'. Maximum is 65.\n")

it was a problem regarding a change between the two mysql versions (old and new setup)

Back