• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration tool and MySQL files

T

timtrott

I migrated all my sites to a new server in June and had no problem with database files. Since that time I seem to recall that the Plesk Migration Tool was updated. Then I had to migrate once again to a new server earlier this month (October) and this time almost all MySQL files on the new server fail to increment records.

We (a MySQL/PHP programmer and the ISP's support team) appear to have traced the problem to the Plesk Migration Tool failing to include PMA. Migrating a second or third time (recommended by Plesk Support) fails to solve the problem. When MySQL files are manually dumped with PMA turned on and then uploaded to the new server all the problems go away.

Plesk Support says it's a configuration error and not their fault. Plesk Support is claiming it is because of a difference in versions between the two servers. Both are the same OS (RHEL4ES) and both are the same MySQL versions: mysql-4.1.20-1.RHEL4.1. PHP versions are only slightly different --php-4.4.4-4.rhel4.bjd (new) and php-4.3.9-3.18(old).

I can't believe that nobody else has had problems migrating MySQL files since about June 6th (last Migration Tool update?) Meanwhile I've spent several hundred dollars on consultants and programmers and run up a dozen support tickets at the Co-Lo and I'm still finding broken files two weeks later.

PS: This was just brought to my attention:
http://www.issociate.de/board/post/325414/mysqldump_ignores_auto_increment.html

I find it remarkable that there have not been any replies or responses to this thread. It would appear from my experience that the mysql_dump function that is called by PSADUMP does not include the auto increment. Every single MySQL file that was migrated had to be downloaded individually using phpMyAdmin with auto increment checked and then uploaded to the destination server. In each and every case the problems were then resolved. That's 100% failure for PSADUMP calling MySQL_dump, and 100% success for manual transfer using phpMyAdmin.

Scanning Google it appears that the problem has been experienced by others. This particular circumstance involved a migration from CentOS4 to RedHat RHEL4ES, which are supposed to be essentially the same OS.

Checking through MySQL.org I don't see any indication of a command change since June. Scanning this forum I don't find anyone else reporting the problem.

I'm really curious to know what other possible explanation there might be for what I experienced, but more about why nobody seems to be even interested.

Thanks for your response. I have entered a reply to your thread.

Back