• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration w/SSH Keys

M

Michael neese

I use SSH protocol 2, with keys for logins and no root logins allowed...

When I try to migrate, I cannot connect to my VPS server to migrate to new server...

How to accomplish this?

Do you mean Plesk migration? As you can see on Plesk migration page - "The account which credentials you specify should have administrator access rights (root for Unix/Linux or Administrator for Windows)."
Therefore you should use root account for migration.

Yes, plesk to plesk migration....source is VPS, and destination is new server...

Both account logins are configured using SSH protocol 2 with user logins that have ssh keys...then user su to root...]

Using the migration manager, root login does not work...user login does not work...

How to configure migration login to use SSH keys?

Or, is there a method for migration via FTP....

Or is this not designed to be used on a secure web server in a professional environment?

Thank you for your answer, however in the three days time involved in getting a simple message through your forum...I have already manually transferred and configured the domains onto the new server...

Therefore I think you really must reconsider the effectiveness of this forum....If this forum is to function as a technical resource for your subscribers, the flow pattern should be evaluated and streamlined...as it is now it is way too slow a process and therefore I would put it in the category of "YESTERTECH"....

Why must you administrate every comment, when it is obvious you spend only a few moments daily on this forum...

Possibly open up an area for subscribers that is not managed by your staff....

Or only moderate the first X number of posts for new users.

To answer the original poster's question, the migration manager can't use SSH keys for some unknown reason; there's so many bugs in the migration system already though I'd hate to see them try to add a new feature at this point.

thank you hostasaurus for validating my question with your direct answer:

"the migration manager can't use SSH keys for some unknown reason;"

My repeated attempts have verified this conclusion....

Also, it seems the forum administrators don't acknowledge the shortfalls of the plesk system in a professional fashion (with a simple direct answer)... rather, they waste several days of answer/question time with their intimations that the questions are either silly, based on the user's ignorance, or just not worth their time to research...

I like the plesk interface and prefer to use this product and will continue to use the product...I also realize that there is no product in the realm of web hosting that handles anywhere near all of the complex and ever changing situations that may be encountered...

So, please, forum admins and users, take this to heart: a quick decisive answer, even if it discloses a shortfall of the product, is far more valuable to us than multiple days of run-around that implies the question is unfounded...

Back