• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration - Windows2003x32 - Windows 2008x64

A

amiles248

Currently we have sitebuilder 4.1 installed on a Windows 2003x32 server. We would like to migrate the sitebuilder application to our new Windows 2008x64 server. If possible we would also like to perform the 4.1 to 4.2 upgrade at that time, if these need to be done separately that's ok. Both servers will use SQL Express 2005.

Is there any documentation available for a server migration?

I would recommend you the following way:
1. Upgrade your existing 4.1 installation to 4.2 and ensure that all is ok after upgrade
2. Setup new Sitebuilder 4.2 installation on Win2k8 box
3. Use sbbackup.exe utility to backup all Sitebuilder objects
4. Use sbrestore.exe utility to migrate Sitebuilder contents to new server

Please let us know if you encounter any issues.

Are there any know issues with using these utilities to backup a 32bit version of SiteBuilder to restore to a 64bit version of SiteBuilder?

Nothing but issues. I attempted the upgrade to 4.2 on the old server and this failed, then the rollback failed so I had remnants of 4.2 in my DB and nothing worked. I ended up re-installing sitebuilder 4.1, restoring the sites and restoring the DB to get it working again on the old server.

I then un-installed 4.2 from the new server and installed 4.1 clean. I tried the Sitebuilder backup but that didn't restore all of my sites on the new server, only my site and all the trial sites, and yes I used the Administrator account. I also got the same file size when I did the command line backup. Since that failed I tried the same restore process that I had done on the Windows 2003 server but that didn't work. All of the special pages (blog, forum, photogal, eshop etc...) stopped working. Each special page type gives me a different message.
Blog: MessageSignatureInvalid
Photo: The site is unavailable. Please contact your administrator
Eshop: Cannot load Editor for the current site node

I can't get anything to work properly on the Windows 2008 machine. My old machine is a 2.26ghz celeron with 512mb of ram running windows 2003x86 standard. The new machine is a dual core 1.86ghz Xeon with 4gb of ram running windows 2008x64 standard. The new machine is more than powerful enough to run sitebuilder.

I only have 15 published sites, this migration shouldn't be that hard. I tried to call tech support but unless I pay them $150 an hour for support they won't provide any support at all. I'm half tempted to install sitebuilder 4.2 on the new server and manually re-create every page for every website, but even that's not guaranteed to work and could I even transfer my license to the new install, support wouldn't even answer that question.

Can anyone help? Please!!!

Has anyone else had this issue? Can anyone tell me if I can even transfer my 4.1 license to a new clean install of 4.2?

Back