1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Miograting from a Fedora Core Linux server to Plesk

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by ajeffcoat, Oct 13, 2007.

1. ajeffcoat

ajeffcoat New Pleskian

23%
    Hello,

I have a Fedora Core server running that I setup myself. I'm now renting a Dedicated server running Fedora Core 6 with Plesk. How can I migrate my system accounts (/etc/passwd)to the new server?

Sincerely,

Abel Jeffcoat

2. tiramisu

tiramisu Guest

3. ajeffcoat

ajeffcoat New Pleskian

23%
    The source server currently has no control panel, that is the issue. Any suggestions how I can migrate the /etc/passwd /etc/shadow files to my new dedicated server and migrate then to the poppassword files as well for the mail boxes? Basically I don't want my current clienys to have to provide me a new password. I want to migrate services to the new server without any actions needed by my clients. Any thoughts?

4. Amin Taheri

Amin Taheri Golden Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

if need be you could copy/paste the lines.

5. Monica@

Monica@ Guest