1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

missing odbc - after migration

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by flitzender_elch, Nov 17, 2006.

1. flitzender_elch

flitzender_elch Guest

Hi,

when i migrate a domain from a windows server with iis 5.0 to the new server windows 2003 with plesk 7.6.1, the odbc's on the old server will not create on the new server, why?!!

2. OZyryanov

OZyryanov Guest

Hi!

We are sorry, but the IIS migration will migrate IIS data only - IIS Web Sites ans FTP sites. Unfortunately, IIS does not contain information about used ODBS DSNs and databases and you should migrate them manually.

Alternatively, you could wait a little for a new PMM release that will include Database migration option. It will allow you to migrate all your ODBC DSN, MS SQL and My SQL databases to Plesk for Windows and assign them to domains. So you can control all used resources in Plesk. Database migration can be made at any time. You also might be our beta tester to solve this problem now.

Watch the news!
    Thanks.

3. flitzender_elch

flitzender_elch Guest

Ok, thanks for the answer.

Can you say a time of the new version from the migration tool available?

Or how can i get a beta-tester?

Or where i can download the beta-version?

4. OZyryanov

OZyryanov Guest

Please contact to our support team with detailed request.

Thanks.