• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Miva VM and Merchant Installation Script - Support

N

NxTek

This will serve as the support thread for the Miva VM and Merchant Installation Script. Details soon.

Attached is the initial release of the Miva VM and Merchant Install Script. We wrote this because Miva's setup instructions for installing the VM and Merchant were not only both incomplete and outright wrong in places, but it took too long to do by hand. :)

Please view the script before running it.

PHP:
# NOTES:
#
# Be sure the script has execute permissions:
# chmod +x mivaconfig.sh
#
# To get a list of ALL options:
# ./mivaconfig.sh --help
#
# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
#
# To setup a non-SSL site, use:
# ./mivaconfig.sh --user=USERNAME --site=/home/httpd/vhosts/DOMAIN.COM
#
# USERNAME should be the user who owns the site, and "DOMAIN.COM" should be the
# real doamain of the site.
#
# For an SSL-enabled site, use:
# ./mivaconfig.sh --user=USERNAME --site=/home/httpd/vhosts/DOMAIN.COM --ssl
#
# To add SSL support to an *already configured* Miva store, use:
# ./mivaconfig.sh --user=USERNAME --site=/home/httpd/vhosts/DOMAIN.COM --add-ssl
#
# There are a few other parameters as well (allowing you to do certain 
# parts of the installation separately) - if you ever need those, you can 
# read up on them in the "--help" text.
#
# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
#
# Be sure to set the sourcepath value below. The sourcepath directory should also
# contain the mivavm-vX.XX directory as well as the Merchant2 directory.
#
# This script was written for Miva VM v4.14. If you wish to install a different
# version, you can try changing the "MIVAVERSION" variable below, although
# versions other than v4.14 have NOT BEEN TESTED.

Enjoy!

I'm working on updating it for Miva5. I got the script working correctly, but I keep getting an "Internal Server Error" when I try to access the merchant files.

I have uploaded the files again to make sure they were transfered in ASCII mode but I still get no resolve. I also tried using the RLimitMEM command in the httpd.conf to set memory limits (I read this may be a possible cause somewhere). I also made sure all the .mvc files were chmod 755. Still no luck.

Have you heard of this, or know why it might happen?

Originally posted by acidbox
I'm working on updating it for Miva5. I got the script working correctly, but I keep getting an "Internal Server Error" when I try to access the merchant files.

Please get the real error from your Apache error log.

Here is what I got from the suexec log:

[2005-08-29 14:21:33]: uid: (10005/username) gid: (10001/10001) cmd: mivavm
[2005-08-29 14:21:33]: target uid/gid (10005/10001 or $ld) mismatch with directory (2522/10005) or program (2522/10005)

The permissions on /home/httpd/vhosts/domain.com/cgi-bin/mivavm is probably wrong. That whole directory and files inside it need to be owned by the owner user, and psacln group. (at least with Mive 4x)

Lemme know.

The whole dir is owned by the user and mivavm is chmod 755. What is psacln? The dir is owned by username: psaserv, simliar to the rest of the site. Is that ok?

psaserv should be fine. I'm not sure but I think if the FrontPage extensions are installed the group is psaserv instead of psacln.

Do the docs for Miva 5x mention anything about ownership and permissions?

It almost sounds like the id number associated with your users and groups don't match. Ya might just contact Miva support and ask them to diagnose. Please let me know what they say -- wish I could help more.

Originally posted by NxTek
It almost sounds like the id number associated with your users and groups don't match. Ya might just contact Miva support and ask them to diagnose. Please let me know what they say -- wish I could help more.

Yea, thanks. I think I'll do that. You wonder why programs that are as expesive as Miva don't have a simple installation script, wow.

Did you guys ever get Mivavm 5 working correctly with plesk 7.5.4 ? if so please let me know, I want to do the same.

I FIXED IT!

I have modified this script to work with miva and mivavm 5.03 with plesk 7.5.4

I haven't finished configuring the first cart yet to say that it is 100% complete yet, but I changed the install to inlude correct mivavm.conf directives, vhost.conf directives, and a plesk vhost reconfigure. I also added some runtime variables to make the whole process more flexible. Let me know if you would liek to try it out!

That would be great if I could try the script you modified for installing Empressa. How can I get it from you?

Thanks

If you would like to try this script please send me an email at [email protected] If you would like I am also available for custom installs. Now that I have the hang of the whole process with Plesk.

Back