1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Modernbill forums gone ?

Discussion in 'Customer&Business Manager (formerly Plesk Billing)' started by Peter Zendzian, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Peter Zendzian

Peter Zendzian Guest

Where did the modernbill forum go. Since plesk support for modernbill software is non-existent, this forum was the only source for reliable support. Please bring it back.

2. jon mccarrick

jon mccarrick Guest

Parallels Plesk Billing Forums in this space soon

Peter,

We will be adding a new Parallels Plesk Billing Forum to this area very shortly. We will archive the former board for research purposes.

In the meantime, are there any issues that you need help with now?

Jon

3. William Rex

William Rex New Pleskian

When might these forums be available? We're having a hard time adding packages to existing users through automation and we have to setup each one separately in Plesk and Plesk billing. There doesn't seem to be alot of useful information around this site for Plesk Billing right now.

4. Peter Zendzian

Peter Zendzian Guest

Yes, my Plesk Billing 6 invoice links do not work and was going to see if anyone else had the problem. The edit and print links are incomplete. Instead of having https://domain/path/invoices.php/?action=..., the link has https://invoices.php/?action=...

Also after upgrading, I have several areas in the system configuration where the following area is displayed.

[LOGIN_APPx000497] Access to this action is restricted. Please update your admin group to allow access to this action.

When trying to edit the admin group, I get the same message.

5. tulaweb

tulaweb New Pleskian

For lack of a better place to ask, I'll try here.
    My ModernBill "perpetual" License periodically expires, giving me the Orange Screen of death (SoftDRM License Error [1x000419]
    The license has expired. Please contact support.".

Each time I go back to follow the instructions to reissue the license from the time before, either the location has changed, or my credentials no longer work. I shouldn't have to pay for a support ticket to keep an owned license working, but I can't seem to get anyone ro reply to me unless I do. Any suggestions on how I can get my license key updated?

Dave

6. Peter Zendzian

Peter Zendzian Guest

Got another problem. Using mod_proxy aka proxypass. Billing software and fraudguardian are receiving the first servers internal IP address instead of the client's IP. How can I pass the client IP through to the billing software?

7. wsani

wsani Silver Pleskian

40%
    What kind of research? Or is it because Parallels is trying to mask the fact that they alienated every single ModernBill customer (including me) to a point of a mass-exodus.

I love to hear how Parallels can help us fix the botched upgrade (v4 to v5.x, then 6) that was supposed to "go smoothly"...

8. Peter Zendzian

Peter Zendzian Guest

I think it is clear that the parallels folks do no listen the same way as the modernbill team. We are not the main demographic user so do not even get the attention of parallels in any way. I have been using modernbill since it was first released and am firmly entrenched into the product but will be working feverishly to any other product.

Any software company that charges to submit a bug report does not deserve our business and the list of bugs I have would cost me more than it would cost to hire a few programmers and roll my own.

Parallels if you are actually there, please fix the cranial rectal inversion problem you have and address the shortcomings. You purchased modernbill, did you do it only to kill it?

9. EgidijusS

EgidijusS Regular Pleskian

23%
    I have issues with custom registrar module. I found links to modernbill in search engine, but all of them points to wrong forums. How now get support?

10. PontiusM

PontiusM Guest

I second Peter Zendzian's post.

I second Peter Zendzian's post. I have also been a customer/user with ModernBill since day one. I am a UNIX programmer and tries to figure out the issues with scripts and servers on my own without contacting support. But on occasion I will run into a problem, which is where forums are the first resource, however, when the old ModernBill forum is gone, then what?
    Can anyone tell me where do I read and post issues with my ModernBill when I have trouble nowadays?

I just filled out Plesk Billing Online Server Support for 15 minutes, but it's impossible to send a question to them. It just tells me I have Invalid key number. If anyone from Parallels reads this, please contact me. I run a web hosting company and need to get this ModernBill4 upgraded from PHP4 to PHP5.