1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

ModernBill / Plesk Billling Question

Discussion in 'Customer&Business Manager (formerly Plesk Billing)' started by ChadR, Nov 30, 2009.

1. ChadR

ChadR Guest

I am having several problems with plesk billing.

First problem, even though I removed all addons I still get the "Product Options" step but, there aren't any options and the user can not get past that step.

Second problem, IE8 issue, after the "Product Options" on a hosting product. The user can select to "use my own domain" the problem is IE8 spits out an error.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
    Timestamp: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 14:33:22 UTC

cart.php
    Line: 722
    Char: 2
    Code: 0
    URI: https://example.com:8443/plesk-billing/order/cart.php?sid=a9392a583218cd59b65306373213e656fa89026e

2. ChadR

ChadR Guest

Nearly a week goes by and not a single reponse? I am quickly beginning to think that I have made a very big mistake switching to Plesk /Plesk Billing. I can't even open a support ticket with Parallels because my license is issued through my Data Center.

3. Peter Zendzian

Peter Zendzian Guest

Yes, I agree with you.. support for modernbill/pleskbilling has seriously failed in every respect. While it has always been buggy, we used to be able to contact some form of support to correct bugs... now we have to pay to get bugs fixed. I could not even get the staff at HostingCon booth to do more than fuss over their oxygen table.

I have been using the software for many years and have been growing more and more disenhartened with each day I have to find problems that cannot be fixed. Even Microsoft is more responsive.

4. Joshua Bowen

Joshua Bowen Guest

Hello ChadR

I am not sure if you received a resolution to this issue since your main post here. But I decide to add a post here to help resolve this issue or make a 'work around' for this issue accordingly :

Solution : To make the product in question not show the "Choose Product Addons" option; you need to configure each of the products accordingly to show the "addon" option hidden. To achieve this you would do the following :

Plesk Billing administrator panel -> Products -> Hosting products -> choice the product in question & on the details option you will see "Addon Option" select the "hide" option & save.

Then you have successfully hidden the "addon" options for that product & still have the addons available to your other products & the user will be able to finish the order w/o getting stuck due to the "addon" requirement.

Regarding the second issue, it seems there is some type of javascript issue. Did you previously have any customization or "order form" integration done? If so are you using any type of javascripting that may be a result in the error its currently providing ?

-------
    Best Regards,
    Joshua Bowen