1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

modifying php.ini - changes not taking after restart

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by webcustoms, Jun 18, 2007.

1. webcustoms

webcustoms Guest

I am currently trying to make changes to my /etc/php.ini configuration file.

I am editing upload_max_filesize, post_max_size, memory_limit, etc...

However, when I run my test script, it shows that upload_max_filesize is still at 2M when it should be 16M.

I tried restarting all psa services, as well as a full reboot. I also located and edited the php.ini file at /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini
    to no avail.

I am running 8.1.1.

Any idea of what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!
    Ray.

2. webcustoms

webcustoms Guest

Any clue on this?

3. kerpau

kerpau Guest

Hi webcustoms. Try editing the vhosts.conf file for the virtual domain.
    Code:
    <Directory /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs>
    	php_admin_flag engine on
    	php_admin_value post_max_size 16M
    </Directory>
    Then re-apply the vhosts configurations.

Code:
    /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/websrvmng -a -v

4. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

What's your OS? /etc/php.ini should be fine, don't touch /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini (that's for Plesk's own webserver, not the webserver serving up your domains). You should only have to restart apache after changing /etc/php.ini.

5. webcustoms

webcustoms Guest

I fixed it. For some reason, the file had some sort of special permissions, so I had to delete the file and make a new one and now it works.