1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

module proposals

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by CosmicD, Dec 12, 2004.

1. CosmicD

CosmicD Guest

I really think this new module architecture is interesting ? I'm a layman at programming but I like to configure stuff in gui, the firewall is an amazing thing because as of now, with the new firewall module I can configure my firewall in a decent way for my server..

what if there was a 3d party support for bootmanagers, a graphical apt-get or rhn_update system ? that would be cool :)

2. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

my suggestion, see if you can adapt someone elses module (webmin's for example) to the PSA format. IMHO thats a good place for somebody to start. However, that somebody wouldnt be me :p

3. lvalics

lvalics Silver Pleskian Plesk Guru

43%
    Yes, WEBMIN is a good start :)
    For example Webmin have Clamav module, Firewall Module, etc, etc. a lot of things what PLESK miss it.

4. chickenbak

chickenbak Guest

This could definitely be a lucrative endeavor for someone that knows what they are doing. ART, have you thought about entering into this line of business, I knew you were getting into something commercial if I recall correctly, major this is something you would like to get into.

5. DigitalCrowd

DigitalCrowd Basic Pleskian

23%
    Any instructions anywhere that explain modules and how they are integrated?